I've been playing musical eyes and wigs again. This time I wanted to give a bit of attention to my neglected Yo-Sd girls.
This serves as an introduction to their characters within the world I'm crafting.
Let's start with Eolande. I was finally able to get a wig that I didn't mind on her. I still need to trim the fringe a bit but for now, she's pretty much done. I also managed to attach some new eyelashes on her. It still took many attempts. Eyelashes in small heads are hard to do!
Next up is Rune. I changed out her eyes for bigger ones. I rather like them on her. I also gave her this blonde wig which I rather like on her a lot more than the one she was wearing before. She and Eolande tend to argue a lot.
Last but not least is Yanna. I changed her name back. She is wearing Rune's former wig and I put back in the eyes I originally liked in her. She tends to act as a mediator between the other two.
The premise of their back story (and possibly explains their very mishmash way of dressing), is that the three are sisters. Here's where it gets timey-whimey. They're all from the far future or at least, the future that was intended to happen until something decided to blow things up and change it.
In the future, the girls are descendants of two particular people in Old Town. These two people are the girl's great grandparents. Also in the future they've come from, scientists have learned to harness the power of the Cosmos and create Vessels, people with powerful abilities even if they weren't born with the gene for it. This is how the girls travel back in time. For them, it' a one way trip because if they manage to fix things in the past, they will cease to exist in the past. They'll simply vanish. But if they don't fix it, they will remain in the past and suffer the same fate as everyone else when day zero happens.
The girls' sense of fashion is taken from the history archives. They wanted to blend in so they dressed for the occasion. They're not really used to the fashion of this time period. To them, the fabric is quite primitive as it damages easily and doesn't repair itself.
Each of the girls has a specialty which will either help or hinder in their mission.The team leader is Eolande. She is the most focused on their mission of the sisters.
Side note: The girls are actually in their late teens. Their time travel back to the past had some unexpected side effects.



The sisters are intriguing. So much alike yet so different. Rune looks very delicate. She's totally my type. :) And the prospects are not rosy - vanishing or facing a terrible fate. Well, I would choose vanishing, it's probably painless. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd have to agree, vanishing seems more painless than the other option, watching helplessly as the thing you tried to stop does what it needs to do. I think that would be way more painful.
DeleteThe sisters are a lot of fun especially the bickering that goes on between Rune and Eolande.
Another very intresting background for the characters. :) I like your stories, a lot.
ReplyDeleteSisters look so beautiful. I agree with Nana- so much alike yet different. My favourite one is Eolande.
Thank you for the encouragement! I like to create stories and dolls are just very inspiring.
DeleteI can't really pick a favourite, well I shouldn't. They all have their pros and cons definitely although I think Eolande needs to let her hair down every now and then.
These girls are on an important mission, which will end in a sad way for them either way. They are heroes :-). Eolande looks beautiful with her red hair. The two other sisters are lovely as well, and look so innocent with the blonde hair.
ReplyDeleteIt's a coincidence, I'm watching Timeless right now, in where the heroes time travel :-).
I've never heard of Timeless, is that a tv show? I will have to google it.
DeleteThe girls certainly have a tragic story but I think they feel their sacrifice, either way, is worth saving the future they come from. Hopefully it works!
Yes, it's a TV series. I didn't know it either but found it in the library.
DeleteIt sounds interesting. I love time travel shows so I will have to check it out!
DeleteI like where you're going with this story Alasse. I agree with NA the vanishing would certainly be the painless way to go and would also allow them to achieve their goal.
ReplyDeleteLove your Rune she's so pretty with those big blue eyes and blonde hair.
Hugs,
X
I think they would prefer to vanish too if it means that they succeeded in what they were sent back to do.
DeleteRune has had such an array of hair styles and colours but I really think blonde is just her colour.
Great story and beautiful sisters. Eolande looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteTime travel shows are interesting and I have followed a couple, like Continuum and the films Back to the Future.
Continuum was good. Shame it got cancelled though. Have you seen Travellers? It isn't bad either.
Delete