Sunday, 5 August 2018

Mystery Blogger Award

First order of business, if you had responded to a post but hadn't seen it published, my apologies. I had eight comments waiting for moderation and blogger never bothered to notify me that there were comments there to approve. If someone comments on posts older than fourteen days, the comments get put into the moderation list. I checked it yesterday on a whim as I realised I hadn't been notified in a long while and approved the ones sitting there. I have no idea what's going on there.

On to the Mystery Blogger Award.


I was nominated for this award by Kamelia. Thank you for the nomination! She is an inspiring and talented seamstress who makes not only exquisite clothing for her dolls but also jewellery and shoes for them too. Her work is stunning and a work of art.

The Award was created by Okoto Enigma. You can read more about the award meme on that blog.

Obligatory Rules for the Award Meme:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share a link to your best post(s).

 
 Three things about myself:
1. I have a notebook that I sketch in and I force myself to use only ballpoint pen to sketch so that I can't easily erase any mistakes I make. I try to sketch in this book at least once a week although I try to sketch once a day. This doesn't always happen though.
2. I used to make machinima using the Sims game to tell a story. These stories were often of the sci-fi or fantasy genres and most often, urban-fantasy. I would create sets in the game for the story and I would also write a script so I knew which characters were in what scenes and the dialogue needed to convey the story.
3. I take a lot of photos of my family and my cats so that I can remember them when they are gone as this was my biggest regret when my mother passed away. There weren't a lot of photos of her and as memory fades, so do the details of a loved one's face, their voice, their smile. Photos are a good way to remember them and keep them close to your heart.

Five questions from Kamelia:
1. Books or movies?
Books of course. I love the written word and being an aspiring author myself, I do prefer the richness and descriptive prose of a story.
2. Favourite dish?
Rice porridge. This was my mother's signature dish for whenever we were sick, she would make this for us. So now, whenever I or my husband are sick, I make this dish.
3. Can you live without coffee?
Yes. I gave up coffee about fourteen years ago and converted to tea. I haven't missed it even though I do love the smell of it, I don't feel tempted to drink it.
4. Since when do you have your blog?
My first ever post on this blog was 16 November 2012 so three and a bit years after I started my doll collecting hobby in earnest.
5. Can you skip on a skipping rope?
Yes. I used to do this a lot in high school. I kind of miss it and have been looking to purchase a skipping rope again for nostalgic reasons.

The my best post question is a tough one. I don't usually have favourite blog posts.  But if I had to choose, I'll pick a recent one: One True Immortal. I was really satisfied with how the photo manipulations turned out in that one and also I was really inspired by Amaryll's back story and the people who end up shaping her. It was the first time in a long time that the story organically formed through my fingers as I typed.

 Kamelia and I read a lot of the same blogs so I won't be able to tag even the minimum of ten people for this one as a lot of those have already been tagged or have already done the meme. So ... I will be tagging:

Xanadu Dolls - An amazing collection of dolls, some of which are completely new to me.
Dolls Dolour - Lovely dolls and gorgeous photos of places she has been to and rich in history.


Now, the five questions from me to those I tagged:
1. The doll that started it all?
2. How many years have you been collecting?
3. Your tallest doll's favourite colour?
4. Thoughts on social media?
5. To be or not to be?

My tag list is so small as a lot of blogs no longer update or haven't in a long time. I've selected the ones that are still fairly active. But if other people who see this meme wish to do it, have at it. The more, the merrier.

I'm on holidays from the 8th August so hopefully, more doll goodness to come. Have a happy week!




6 comments:

  1. the fact about yourself are very interesting! Sketching regularly is such a good thing, I should do it too, I really miss the practice! Your favourite dish is one I don't know, but I will look it up, new dishes are always worth trying out :-). Your best post is indeed stunning, good choice! Have a great, relaxing holiday, after such a busy period you can use it :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sketching but my book is so big and bulky, I need to get a smaller one to carry around in my bag.

      It's called Thai Rice Congee. I found a link here to one way of making it.

      I have house renovations to do so will be busy but will always make time for dolls during my holidays.

      Delete
  2. Nice to read something about you. :)
    I love the post you choose. Photos are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy doing Photo Manipulations. Sometimes they turn out really good and other times, not so much but I like to see if I can make it work. It's handy sometimes particularly if I don't have the required props, add-ons that I need to fully realise my characters.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the tag for this award, I have posted mine now! :)
    It was lovely to read about you and I do not skip so well on a skipping rope. I did it when I was a kid, could swing those ropes rather nice. But today - too old and too clumsy! :D
    Love the post you picked, I need to do some catching up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love skipping on the skipping rope. I want to do it again just because it's good exercise. I was doing Yoga but haven't been able to get back into it for a while because of work.

      I look forward to reading more about you!

      Delete