Friday, 2 November 2018

Miss Precarious and the Doctor

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and support in my previous post about my cat. It means a lot and I appreciate each and every one of your comments regarding my little Luna. Our little family is still adjusting to her absence and taking it one day at a time. She is so very missed by all three of us.

This week, my second Tonner Doll arrived to me from a repaint artist in Australia. Her previous owner had purchased her to repaint her but never got around to it and decided to sell her on. I left it to the last day of the auction to put in my bid for her. I'm really happy I won the auction.


She is from Tonner Doll's Precarious 16" line of dolls. The fashion for these dolls are pretty amazing and sadly, this version, Romantic Gold was sold nude so I never got her default dress which looks stunning. I do plan on getting another Precarious girl at some point hopefully with her default clothing. She's a great size, much smaller than my Galadriel and a tad smaller than my FR16 girls from Integrity.




Something I have noticed about these dolls is that their hands and feet seem to be made of a different, softer vinyl than the rest of her body. And for a fashion doll with limited posing ability, she poses pretty darn well and her poses look realistic.


I should also mention how beautifully these dolls photograph. I just can't get over it. Their skintone just looks so smooth and realistic in photos.


I can imagine this girl in a lot of very big glamourous gowns and even something medieval or nordic. Even though it did take me a bit longer to procrastinate on whether to get her or not, I am really glad that I did. She is an amazing doll with such a strong and unique face sculpt.



**Promotional Photo by Mattel

In other news, I pre-ordered Mattel's new Doctor Who doll. The actress is doing a fantastic job as the new Doctor. I am enjoying her interpretation of the character a lot.

Have a good weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Your new Tonner girl looks really great. Somehow I see her in 40s fashion. Don't you think there is some resemblance to Rita Hayworth? And I'm sure you find much better clothes for her than the original dress. As for Doctor Who I've never seen any of those movies or series so I don't have anything to say about the characters. However the doll seems nice and I like the coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does kind of resemble Rita Hayworth. I think this girl would look good in any era of clothing. I've lost count of how many redheads I now have in my collection though! I'm really hoping the quality on the Doctor Who doll will be good.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty doll, congratulations on her arrival :)
    As for the new Dr Who, at first I was like "nooooo!" thinking she was all wrong for the role, but then I grew up with Tom Baker and fell in love with David Tennant as the Doctor so to have a female doctor just didn't seem right! LOL But by the third episode I am really liking her, I think she's really coming into her own!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I really like the new Doctor. She reminds me a little of David Tenant's take on the Doctor. Hubby grew up with Tom Baker as the Doctor too. That one is his favourite Doctor. My favourite has always been the Tenth Doctor (David Tenant) but the newest Doctor is coming in second right now. I am also loving the new episodes a lot. I actually thought they might do something like making the Doctor female particularly after they made The Master a female with Missy.

      Delete
  3. I love Tonner dolls, and yours is stunning! love her face, so elegant, she's a total boss lady, that's the vibe I'm getting~ too bad about the dress, but you have great taste and I'm sure she'll look fenomenal.
    You are right about ehr skin, looks very realistic! And congrats getting the doctor who doll, I know you love that show (I haven't watched it myself though).
    I'm kicking myself in the butt for putting a shopping ban on dolls. I know it;s the right move, I could use some saving up, but I've been tempted a few times already haha.
    Next year for sure I'll be bringing dolls home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few places I've been looking out for dresses for her. Some stunning ones although the price tag is right up there for them. Ugh. But maybe I will be able to find something nice within my budget.

      I can't wait to see the Doctor Who doll in person. She isn't being released yet until early December although I did put a deposit down on her so I could be guaranteed a doll.

      I really need to put a shopping ban on myself to be honest. I need to save a lot over the next year. But so many nice dollies!

      Delete
  4. Your new Tonner doll looks great, she is so stylish and elegant with some kind of calm on her face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a really lovely serene face. I can imagine that she's a modern day princess type character because of how regal she looks.

      Delete
  5. Oh, you pre-ordered the Mattel’s new Doctor Who doll! I have been looking at this doll on their site, but never did much more than that. I look forward to seeing her when she arrives!
    Your second Tonner Doll is so beautiful, love the face up. Agree with you that she is photogenic! Congrats on winning the auction!
    Had to google for the outfit and found the head and outfit for sale on dollpeddlar. Do not know if it is a good place to shop (heard some complains about the site), but it can be worth to just look. http://www.dollpeddlar.com/precarious-romantic-gold-bhead-outfit/precarious/tonner-doll-company-inc-p-37789.html?osCsid=3982d92b8237be60e25c1f55332d556d
    Do not know if the price is right either.
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's neat that her face sculpt is different to the typical Barbie face which is nice. Plus I really love the new Doctor's threads so that in itself already sold me on this doll! I hope she arrives before Christmas.

      I saw that on the Doll Peddler site. I've ordered from them a few times and have never had any issues with them. The only thing was the cost of shipping which is quite expensive depending on which option you choose but that's pretty much everywhere in the US right now. Tonner Doll clothing is pretty well made so I expect the price is pretty spot on for the outfit. My Galadriel's outfit is just stunning and really well made. Nice material too.

      Weekends go by way too fast. I'm not looking forward to going back to work again tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Weekends do go by fast! Gladly they have a habit of returning! :)
      I can imagine that the clothes are well made and I do remember Galadriel's outfit - very beautiful.
      I surfed the net and found another fabulous doll by Tonner from 2012, the Precarious Swing Time. What a beauty.
      Hope that you get the Doctor Who doll before Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Hi Alasse,
    What a fabulous red haired girl she is, love the way her hair is styled. Who did her face up? It looks pretty darn good in your photos...are you pleased with it? She certainly poses well and I can see her in glamorous gowns too.

    I checked out the link Niina left and I reckon you could make that gown, provided you could find the right fabrics.

    Haven't ever looked at Mattel website, don't think I dare. :) I do like your new Dr.Who doll though, she's pretty.
    Big hugs,
    X



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has the default face up painted by Tonner Doll. The artist never got around to removing the default and repainting her so she sold her as she came from the company. Which is good because I actually really love the Tonner Doll default face work. Each one looks hand painted (which I believe they are) and the work is always so stunning.

      With my sewing skills, I wouldn't attempt anything so intricate! But I'm happy to just find another lovely gown for her from more talented seamstresses.

      I actually pre-ordered the Doctor Who doll from Zing online (in Australia). Shipping is much more affordable that way. I'm just glad they had it on their site. We rarely get any of the special edition dolls in Australia. I've never ordered from the Mattel site before. I don't even know if they actually ship outside of the US. I know a few places like that don't.

      Delete
  7. I love your Redhair girl! She is wonderful. Her face is so beautiful and I can only agree how great she looks on photos. Congratulations for getting her, she's a real tresure.
    I can totaly see her in some nordic or medieval clothes.
    Dr Who doll looks very promising. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a lovely doll and I am really pleased with the Antoinette body that she is on. I love the sculpting of it quite a lot. My only wish was that her feet were flat rather than heeled but I think most Tonner Dolls have the heeled feet anyway. I think I am definitely falling in love with this company's dolls.

      Let's hope the Dr. Who doll is as good as the promo suggests. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
    2. I agree. Antoinette body is so nice, I like ich much better then Tyler's body. It's feminine and beautifuly sculpted.
      I don't know if there is a Tonner doll with flat feet. Never seen one.

      Delete
  8. Awww, the redhead is absolutely gorgeous! I love her hairdo too! She has really majestic aura around her, I can totally see her as a nordic queen or a celtic warrior-goddes.
    The new Doctor looks great on promo pics, hopefully she will be just as lovely in reality :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting the same vibe as you. I feel like she's got royal blood for sure. She just has that poise and elegance, a refinement. I'm still largely working on her character but I have decided to call her Octavia. It's one of my favourite old time names.

      I will know sometime next month how the Doctor Who doll will turn out. Apparently she is a Gold Label Barbie which means she will be my first Gold Label Barbie. I am curious about the quality.

      Delete