Saturday, 29 December 2018

Just Around The Corner - 2019

As 2018 slowly wraps up and we prepare to welcome in 2019, I find myself strangely sad despite all the upheavals that happened during the year. Every year that ends, is another year older and I can't help but feel time slipping through my fingers. It's hard to imagine this feeling when I was a teenager. Back then, time moved so slowly and all I wanted was for it to speed up. Now that I'm older, all I want is for time to slow down and let me catch my breath.

Going through my post at the beginning of the year, I realised that I did not bother with a goals list this time around so I have nothing to check off. Did I achieve all the things that I set myself privately? Yes and No. I grew up a little more, I experienced the greatest of all sadness in losing a dearly beloved, I learned my body is not as flexible as it used to be and fails me often, I welcomed a nephew into the family and I adore him, I found happiness where I could in those small moments that I will cherish forever.

I don't really know what's in store for the New Year. I'll just take it one day at a time.


And because today was a good day, I decided to take some last 2018 snaps of a few dolls and figures.







 A tally of dolls due to arrive in 2019 ... these are all on pre-order.



 Flora Blossom and the team at The Wayward Inn would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR. May 2019 be a prosperous, safe and happy year for you all. See you in the New Year! And thank you once again for taking the time to read my blog this year.


16 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Alasse. :) Ah you have four dolls coming ... you have a good beginning to 2019 already!
    Happy New Year!! May 2019 bring you good health and happiness. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For some reason, the Momoko girl release date keeps getting changed. I just got a notification again that the release date is now unknown. (It's already been pushed back once already from its original date of December.)

      Wishing you a great 2019 too! Have a fun New Year's Eve!

      Delete
  2. Yes, a new year means getting older and ageing is not something to be happy about. I also wish I could be younger and healthier. Let's just hope the new year won't be worse and I mean global situation.
    I'm very curious about new dolls. I adore your photos and doll styling.
    Wishing you a wonderful new year and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am keeping fingers crossed that the global situation does not progress to worse case scenario! Unfortunately we can't stop aging unless someone has discovered a fountain of youth!

      I have absolutely no idea when the new dolls will arrive. I think the bjd will most likely be April. I was told the production time was going to be about 4 months. The Momoko doll no longer has a release date (was supposed to be December) so who knows there. The Integrity girls I think are Spring for the two doll set and January for the Agnes doll I think. I really can't recall now. Integrity are pretty good with sticking to their release dates though.

      Thank you for your kind words. I really hope 2019 is a good year for you and that you manage to acquire all the dolls you have your eye on! Have a wonderful New Year!

      Delete
  3. So many gorgeous dolls coming your way this new year!!! Oh I adore the photos of your figures, Ariel and Alice look especially splendid.
    I do wish time would slow down too, I remember how slowly it passed when I was a kid, now it flies faster and faster.
    In any case, since 2018 is over, can't wait to see what 2019 brings. I hope it brings you warmth and love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased in particular with how Alice and Ariel turned out. They are releasing an Alice figure in the Crystal figure range (the same range as Ariel) soon. My current Alice is a QPosket figure. I'm seriously thinking of getting her too.

      Thank you for all your support and encouragement during the year. I hope the New Year sees a lot of your dreams come to fruition. Have a great New Year!

      Delete
  4. I always thought that I'm strange - while everyone else were soooo happy with New Year celebrations, it was always a depressing day (and night) for me. It still is, but I'm trying with all my might to not let it bother me. And believe, that the new year will bring something good, against all odds ;).
    The ladies you choose for the last 2018 pics are wonderful - especially small figurines :). I'm still waiting for your nendoroids photos, remember :D! Have wonderful New Year and I wish you all the best for upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as we get older, we're much more aware of time just because we feel like we're aging faster and we sometimes get nostalgic for our youth, at least I do! I always hope the coming year will be a good one. What do they say? Hope springs eternal!

      Thank you for the kind words. I haven't forgotten about the Nendoroids. I've decided this year, I want to make little dioramas for them to photograph in.

      Good tidings for the coming year to you!

      Delete
  5. Every time the New Year is here, I wish for a better year than the last one. I had some high hopes for 2018, but it did not deliver...but it was way more better than the years before, so I am happy about that. It is rather strange that when you were teenager life was almost a party everyday. And time went by so slowly. Today it feels like someone has pushed the speed button. I look forward to 2019, with a mild hope of good things can happen.
    Beautiful dollies you have on your list for next year. And the figures you have are cute, like the Mary Poppins!
    I wish you the best for 2019, with lots of happiness, love, fun and health! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can always hope for a better year. Who knows, maybe one day it'll surprise us and be a great year of positive things happening to us!

      I really need to downsize the number of dolls I buy each year to be honest. I am really running out of space now. Thank you for your kind comments. Wishing you a truly wonderful 2019 full of good things coming your way!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! All the best for you and your beloved. I hope this year will be better and will bring you joy.

    I have the same thought about the time. It was so different when we were kids. Every day was so long, every month took forever. And now? I have no idea when this year passed. It was January like yesterday! Well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the same for you Kamelia, a truly great 2019.

      It would be nice if we could stop time somehow. Sometimes I look at all my projects and think I have so much time to do them but a year passes by with the click of a finger and then suddenly, there is not enough time. Strange how we look at things depending on what age we are!

      Delete
  7. I have similar thoughts about the time and how it speed up with aging, but this is how is life working.

    I wish you Happy New Year! And all the best for You and your Family. I hope this year will be better and will bring you a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Balbinka! It's been a pleasure meeting you this year and learning more about your collection. Hope 2019 has a lot of good things in store for you!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year Alasse, thank you for the great blog posts.
    I look forward to seeing your new arrivals in 2019 :)
    And I can completely relate to how you feel at this time of year because I have the very same feelings....and this past year went just sooo quickly, it scares me how fast it passed us by. I guess this one will do the same, and there's nothing we can do about it except accept it and enjoy it as best we can :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time to come and read my blog!

      Well said, there is nothing we can do to stop time moving on so I guess we will just have to steal the moments we want to cherish close to our hearts!

      Delete