************
Jytia's first thoughts upon waking was not for her own safety but the safety of the three younglings who had been with her when they were ambushed by Sidhe operatives. She had only allowed herself to be captured to keep the younglings safe. She had no doubt the Sidhe men who had drugged and kidnapped them would have had no hesitation in killing the younglings.
The cell they had locked her in was made from dwarfian steel, the kind that even her strength would have a hard time breaking down. She peered through the wide bars at the cell across from her. It was empty and silent.
The sound of light footsteps alerted her to the presence of someone approaching. She stepped back, fingers curled into fists. The man that greeted her was breathtakingly beautiful, in the dangerous kind of way those of Sidhe blood tended to be.
He waved at his guard to unlock the cell.
"I wouldn't try anything if you want those brats to live. From what I hear, your kind are having trouble producing as many young as you used to." he drawled lazily as he stepped inside. His voice was melodic to her ears.
"Who are you?"
He gave her a low bow, just low enough to be an insult.
"My name is Belarus, at your service."
She frowned. The name was familiar to her.
"Are the younglings safe? They are unharmed? If you have laid one finger on them, my kind will not be very forgiving." she snarled.
"They are safe and unharmed and will remain so if you continue to co-operate."
"What do you want? My kind and your kind don't usually meet for tea parties."
Belarus smiled wide and stood before her. For a Kindred, he had to admit, her beauty was almost as alluring as that of any Sidhe.
"You and your younglings are free to go if you agree to one simple thing. It's quite trivial really. I want you to be my Oracle."
"Wait, you've got it all wrong. I don't have those kind of abilities." she replied firmly.
"I think you do. In fact, I know you do. My operatives have been keeping a close eye on you for quite a while. Your type of power is rare even among the Kindred. All I am simply asking is that when I have need of you, you come to me and share with me the visions you see of the Sidhe."
She narrowed her eyes at him. "Why would you be interested in that?"
"Need to know and you my dear do not need to know."
"I could crush your windpipe, right here, even before your guard could make it past the cell doors." she whispered.
"You could do that but you won't. You care too much for the younglings in my possession."
He had her there. She wouldn't risk their safety. They were the first to be born in ten years. The Clans needed them, now, more then ever when their numbers dwindled at the mercy of the renegade Inquisitors. Despite her reluctance, despite every cell in her body screaming against it, she slowly reached out her hand to him. He took it gently in his own, his skin smooth to the touch.
"Fine. You have your accord. When you have need of my visions, I shall come to you."
"Excellent. You've made the right choice."
"The younglings."
"Of course." he stepped aside and signaled for his guard to take her to them. As she passed him, she vowed that she would find a way to wipe the smile off his face.
************
Behind the scene photo snap.









That was very interesting and enthralling. Your style reminds me of Mercedes Lackey. Jytia really looks like she's angry and tense. And Belarus apparently hides a nasty personality behind a pretty face. :)
ReplyDeleteI actually haven't read anything by Mercedes Lackey. You'd think she'd be on my list as I love the fantasy genre. I know I had every intention of reading her books however our local library is dismal (they have random volumes of a series but never all of them and usually they have a Vol. 3 but never the first two - drove me bonkers!)She's old school fantasy so I will have to see if I can get her books one of these days.
DeleteJytia doesn't like being backed into a corner like that and she certainly doesn't like that Belarus used innocent young children as pawns in his games. I am sure she'll get her revenge on him. I have to admit, I myself didn't even know Belarus could be so evil. He surprises me every time I sit down to write a piece for him.
She's a beautiful sculpt and I love how you've styled her.
ReplyDeleteI really love her outfit and I am keeping fingers crossed Luts has more clothes sales because there is quite a few fantasy style outfits that they make I would love to get for my other dolls.
DeleteIntriguing story Alasse, leaves one wondering what will happen next.:) She's a beautiful doll well styled and very photogenic.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
I really love her. I also love how far Resinsoul have come over the years with their sculpting and face up work. I've always had a soft spot for their sculpts to be honest. Other than Angel of Dream, Resinsoul was among the very first companies I came across back in the early days. I loved that their sculpting style was different and I think that's what ultimately drew me - the potential in these dolls.
DeleteJytia is a really easy doll to photograph most of the time. If there's too much light though, she can look a bit washed out so there's always a balance there. I want to get a photo of her outside but I would be more comfortable if she had a stand so I'm waiting until then. I have silicone kips in her and they work good enough but I think she would benefit from a bit of wiring once I do a bit of research and figure out how and what sort of wire to use.
Ohhhhhhhhh I want more :O!!!!! That was so interesting!!! I love this mix of fantasy and sci fi and everything you love put into such a great story. The photos are great too of course! I would have loved seeing her and Belarus, looking into each other's eyes but I could imagine it just by reading it~ and oh the tension was real!
ReplyDeleteGreat first photos and story of the year, thank you for sharing them and I hope to read more in the future!
Belarus really surprised me in this one. I knew he was kinda evil but not to this level where he would actually threaten the lives of young children to get what he wants. But I am sure there will come a reckoning between these two characters one day. It'll be really hard to capture that though in photos so I would have to think about how it could be done. Makes me consider doing the story in Sims 4 where I have more control over the actions and sets!! (Plus way cheaper!)
DeleteJytia is hipnotizingly beautiful, and the story gets more and more interesting with every sentence. I can't wait to see her together with Belarus! I'm sure he is not all that bad ;)...
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love "behind the scene" pics ;)
I like seeing behind the scene photos so I always try to include at least one. And I'm not sure about that, Belarus cares for only one thing, himself. I'm not even sure that he really knows how to love or that he has ever been in love.
DeleteShe is amazing... I love her face, how she poses. And you chose great dress for her.
ReplyDeleteAnd the story - the story is so intresting! I can't wait to read more.
I'm really happy with this doll and think Resinsoul did a good job on her custom face up. It's exactly as I asked for. I'm really glad I decided to get that outfit. It is really nice on her.
DeleteShe's such a beautiful doll and I love the way how you've styled her. And, of course I love the story :D
ReplyDeleteI think black and gold really suit her and bring out a feeling of mystery and power. At least that's how I see her.
DeleteWhat's Belarus up to was my first thought! o_O
ReplyDeleteLove the story and the photos. She is beautiful!
Even I don't know what Belarus is up to these days. He's an enigma. A dangerous one! I am glad I got this doll to be honest. I wasn't sure how her face up would turn out either but Resinsoul did an amazing job with it and exactly what I asked for to boot!
Delete