Thursday, 14 February 2019

Of New Faces and Spy Girls

I recently received another Tonner Doll, most likely my last for a while unless I find a really good deal on the second hand market. She is Sydney Chase sculpt and from the 2001-2005 era. I haven't checked the year on the back of her head yet. I thought maybe she might be Retro Dots Sydney. The seller didn't really know anything at all about her doll collection and had her as the wrong year anyway. She doesn't have the bendable wrist so she must be an older doll.


I really like her face and she goes well with Tyler however, I don't think I can photograph my Precarious with either of these girls as Precarious has a much smaller head next to Tyler and Sydney!!




I really love the hand painted features of the faces on these dolls. She is second hand so she has some general wear and tear. The vinyl has some faint scratches on it and the nail polish on her hands is chipped off in places. But otherwise, she is in pretty good condition overall.

I also picked up my Escape Flight Momoko girl who finally arrived after her release date was delayed a few times. I did not take photos of her out of the box so if you were curious about her original outfit, you can see promotional photos here.


I recently received some adorable clothing from Irene and of course I had to redress my new Momoko girl in one of the pieces (the top). Here she is with her original outfit on a mannequin body.


She has been on a long flight for seven days wearing the same outfit so of course she wanted to shower and change into something fresh and clean when she got here.


Another photo of that sweet face that I adore. I feel that she has a gentle expression.

On with the fashion parade ... my girls model a few more adorable outfits from Irene.


This hot little red number of course went to my redhead girl. She looks gorgeous in it.


And nothing says girly sweetness than a fluffy pink dress. Who better to wear it than pigtails. (I'm redoing the storyline for the Momoko girls so I'm in the process of choosing new names for all of them.)


A group photo that actually works for me for once!! Thank you Irene for the beautiful dresses. The girls loved modelling them.

Of course, after this little impromptu shoot, I decided to photograph the rest of the girls in this line just for fun.


My punk girl decides to steal Escape Flight's original outfit but pairs it with her chunky boots instead of the elegant heeled boots that came with the outfit. She is totally rocking this and it's definitely in her style.


Platform Departure also gets a re-dress wearing pigtails original outfit. A sweet little white number with a tulle bottom paired with her signature silver shoes. 


These two are most definitely opposites.


My Pastel Edge girl wearing her signature outfit. I really never feel the need to re-dress this doll as I adore what she came in and thinks it suits her so well.


Orion's Sonata also rarely gets a re-dress as I love her business style look. I have tried putting her in casual clothing before and it just looked so wrong for her!


Together, their styles are so different but ... I can see Orion Sonata in this if she ever got out of the business look though.

My Momoko girls feature in a story about a school to reform troubled young girls into proper young ladies ... or at least, that's the front. The school is one of many secret recruitment centers around the world that take troubled young girls and boys and turns them into efficient agents for 'Orion', a highly classified sector of the world government that deals with threats to national security, not human threats but 'otherwordly' threats - monsters that pass for humans but bleed blood as black as midnight. The agents are trained on how to battle these creatures with the aid of highly advanced technology and high intensity combat. They are then grouped into a team of five, each with their own specialties and spread throughout the world as worker cells, called upon to deal with any and all otherworldy threats in their sectors.

'Madame O' is the head mistress of the school our story takes place in. She is also a highly placed member of Orion.

So far other than the head mistress, I have two teachers and four students. I need to add another doll to the line at some point. Petworks is working on some male dolls in the Momoko line so I'm pretty keen to add a male to the mix. Fingers crossed they will be available to order from the regular places and won't just be a Japan exclusive!!

It's almost the weekend! Hope everyone will have a good one!

18 comments:

  1. COngrats on getting both the toner girl and the momoko doll!!! They are both gorgeous, but I must say I really like your photos of escape flight, she looks way better than the promos imo.
    And that group shot is really nice!!Irene picked great outfits~
    I'm always happy to see your momoko girls and I'm excited about this new storyline for them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too at how Escape Flight looked in reality compared to her promo photos. I think she looks a ton better in person. It makes me seriously consider the Deer girl now. Maybe her face won't be as orange as it looks in the promo? Still not sure yet. I will decide when the pre-order opens.

      I was so surprised the group shot worked out. Only thing is, I think Blogspot is compressing my photos as it doesn't look as crisp and clear as it does in my photo editing program.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new dolls! Tonner girl looks very dignified, but I simply adore your Momokos - they are soooo cute! And elegant! All dresses suit them very well, and each has an unique, individual style. Oh, and Orion story sound very interesting! The fragment about monsters with black blood reminded me about Swimmers from one of my stories, but, well... Swimmers are made entirely from black, dense liquid ;). So not many similarities here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take more photos of the Momoko girls. They are really easy to transport and pose. Neat that we have similar tastes in villains! I went through a few colours for the blood, initially I thought blue but that reminded me too much of the Kree from Agents of Shield and there was a series that had elves called Bluebloods, then I thought green but then I thought of Slimer from Ghostbusters, then I thought yellow but that sounded way too cheery to be evil/villainous and I decided on black because it sounded gloomy and dark. Mine are humans or pass for humans but I'm thinking of working a virus slant into it which allows some sort of permanent change at the molecular level. Still working through it.

      Delete
  3. The new arrivals are both gorgeous Alasse, congrats on their arrival (at long last). Love the whole photo shoot, especially the group shot and the ones with Irene's lovely dresses. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised and happy the group shot actually looked good. I usually really fail at group shots which is why you rarely see them on my blog. I'm still trying to get used to my new camera but I hate reading manuals - I really should though! I'm just happy everything arrived safe and sound.

      Delete
  4. All your girls look lovely ~ They show such personality! I'm also glad you loved the stuff <3 and that it arrived safely despite the crazy weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I wasn't sure how long the roads would be closed for. Lucky only a week and a bit. Thanks again, I love everything and of course these dresses had to be modelled straight away. The girls love them of course.

      Delete
  5. Your new dolls are fantastic! Momoko are such cuties, I like them more than Tonner dolls. And the story about undercover agents sounds really interesting. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momoko dolls are also easier to take around with you, build dioramas for as they are shorter than regular fashion dolls (they're even shorter and more petite than Barbie!). They're just a really easy doll to photograph in any situation which I love. I just wish their bodies didn't feel so fragile but otherwise they are really good dolls. And they fit both Pullip and Pureneemo clothing!

      Delete
  6. Both your new dolls are gorgeous. Congrats.
    You have great collection of Momoko dolls. All of your Momokos are so cute and elegant. You have to show them more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sadly neglected them recently but I hope to take more photos of them this year. Hopefully that happens!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! Both new dolls are wonderful.
    Your Momoko girls are so beautiful. I love all the outfits and stylizations you made.
    I'm waiting for the story, sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list of dioramas to make gets longer every day! But I think I can get away with some scenes that don't require dioramas. Fingers crossed! I really love the portable size of the Momoko dolls.

      Delete
  8. The dolls are gorgeous, and I really do like the Momoko dolls...are their joints 'delicate'? I don't know why I'm asking though, because I cannot afford one right now, but I guess there's no harm in looking ;)
    I think the synopsis of your story sounds really great and look forward to hearing more of your story in the future.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joints on these dolls are a lot different to joints on other fashion dolls. It took me a while to figure out how to move them to get my desired gesture. They are definitely a learning curve! I would also say the joints are fragile. The dolls are very lightweight and I'm just extra careful when moving the joints around. I wish the bodies were more stable and solid to be honest but the faces and fashion styles for these dolls are pretty good. They are petite dolls. I will take a photo of them with other fashion dolls at some stage to show comparisons.

      Delete
  9. Had to take a surf on the net and look at some Momoko’s and Tonner dolls. My wallet started to cry when I put together a beautiful wishlist. Hehe! :) Well, until then (like 100 years from now) I will adore your new girls!
    Escape Flight looks really different in the photos taken by you and at the shop, yours are more softer and nice. The clothes sent by Irene are wonderful and the punk girl really rocks Escape Flight’s original outfit! The Tonner doll Sydney Chase has a sympathetic face and the colors look good on her.
    Congrats on the new dollies and wonderful photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting an inkling that this year will mostly be acquisitions of Tonner and Momoko dolls. I seem to feeling a lot of the Fashion Doll vibes lately! I already decided anyway that I won't be buying any bjds this year so the money that would normally go towards that gets spent on Tonner and Momoko instead!

      Delete