I decided to work on the Snow Queen's face today. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do so I was mostly just inspired by the face shape and her hair and outfit. I knew I wanted her to have a very 'cold' look to her. Here is the preliminary sketch with watercolour pencils and pastels for subtle blushing. I will be going over a lot of this with acrylic later.
I actually don't mind how it's turning out. I will be adding some gems to the face after everything is done to give it more sparkle and "ice".
I'm also working to give this girl some braids. It's slow going but I only have a small section left now. I've been working on this off and on for most of the day taking a break only to do the Snow Queen's face for a bit.
I'm quite happy with how she is looking.


Ooh, this is certainly turning out nicely! I love the colours and the shape of the eyes - I'm sure she will be a beauty when you finish the face-up! And I admire you for making this tiny braids - I would love to see at least one of my dolls with them, but... I have no patience for it (nor the skills)...
ReplyDeleteThank you! I wasn't sure what colour I was going to use for her face and I just thought of what colours came to mind when I thought of being cold.
DeleteThose tiny braids go on forever but I managed to do it while catching up on a few shows so that was good! I am really liking the results though.
You are doing really well, and she's coming along nicely. I look forward to seeing her finished with her sparkling pieces of ice too.
ReplyDeleteI love the braids, and that is such a nice shade of pink on your girl.
Have a great week ahead!
xx
I'm taking my time with the Snow Queen. I've learned some lessons along the way and rushing these faces never turn out well!
DeleteI found it quite therapeutic doing the braids. It's also a great way to catch up on my shows too!
Enjoy your week!
Hi Alasse, Great choice of colours to use on her face, I really like the blue on her lips too, they really look chilled.
ReplyDeleteGreat braids, are you going to add beads to them or just elastic? Of course you know I love the colour. :)
Big hugs,
X
Initially, I had her lips as white but it didn't really stand out so I added the blue and I really like how they look now. Almost like a single kiss from those lips could freeze your blood.
DeleteI decided not to add anything. I had one tiny braid in her hair for months now and never secured it with anything and it stayed okay so I left it. I don't mind the look. I finished it recently but started on a second Barbie to do braids on!
I can already imagine your Snow Queen and I see some shimmering glitter on her eyelids or cheek bones. The pink-haired girl looks really nice with braids. It gives her a bit of rock style. :)
ReplyDeleteNot sure I will be using glitter though! I don't like working with it at all as it's so very messy and gets on everything. But I will substitute with some other gems instead.
DeleteI do agree, the braids are very rock. Suits a few of my dolls so I am sure I will doing more braids!
Looking good! And cold! You have made progress and it will be exiting to see her all sparkled up!
ReplyDeleteThe pink braids look amazing, but I can almost feel it in my hands when it comes to the braiding and it is so tiny too!
Enjoy the new week!
Slow and steady for this one. I do like how it turned out too. This was the second attempt. The first attempt didn't turn out so well so I ended up wiping it and starting over!
DeleteYou are right, the braids are so tiny. My fingers got a bit cramped up sometimes but well worth it!
Have a good week over your way too!
Snow Queen looks great already :) If you add some glitter, shimmer and gems she will be perfect and cold looking :) Can't wait to see her final look :)
ReplyDeleteThe pink braids looks great, you are so patient with it. I really admire your work on it :)
I should get started on the painting for Snow Queen but I've been distracted by doing more braids on another doll! I enjoy doing them. They are so relaxing to do.
DeleteShe look like a true Ice Queen - great choise of colours.
ReplyDeleteAnd the braids? HOW, how on Earth you are making them so tiny!?
I'm having a lot of fun with the Ice Queen. My next project is The Morrighan.
DeleteRegarding the tiny braids, a LOT of patience was needed. I did feel like I was going cross eyed a few times as the braids were so tiny!!
You also need to have a very very small amount of hair (if you look at the plugs, I generally only use two strands - two plugs of hair to do the each braid.)
Delete