Sunday, 28 April 2019

60 Years of Barbie Silkstone Anniversary Doll - Box Opening

Yesterday, hubby and I decided to drop into a local toy store as we had heard they were having a relocation sale. Sadly, all the Signature Barbie line weren't discounted but I was so surprised they even carried this doll and at a reasonable price that I snatched her up straight away. (Wasn't I glad about the extra shifts I've been doing at work the past two weeks!)

I had been wanting this doll but it was quite pricey after conversion to AUD if I bought it from the US stores so I was going to have to pass on her. I'm glad I didn't have to.

She would have fit in quite well with Xanadu's Pink Fridays!

Without further ado ...






Her official box. I really like this simple, elegant design.


My first thought, she's so pink. I love it. I'm not normally a pink sort of person but I find this doll quite stunning. 


Close up of her beautiful face screening and look at that lovely shade for her hair.


Out of the box and on her stand. The base was quite hefty which was nice.


She is such a beautiful doll. She joins my other Silkstone girls in their display cabinet. I buy these dolls purely for display. I get so much joy seeing them in my cabinet everytime I walk past.

Have you had any new doll arrivals recently?

13 comments:

  1. I'm not a pink fan at all, but this girl is amazing! I'm very glad you had a chance to catch her. :)
    I have one doll in my mind right now. But I will have to wait for her. A while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really surprised that I wanted her given that I don't usually like pink or at least this shade of it but I feel the doll is so well done that even the colour doesn't bug me in the least.

      I'm curious which doll that will be. We never stop collecting do we? I keep saying I will stop but so far it hasn't happened!

      Delete
    2. Exactly, we never do! :D

      I will keep the secret for now. ;)

      Delete
  2. She is gorgeous, congratulations! And, I guess, anniversary Barbie doll HAS to be pink. No other color would be better ;).
    Is her body articulated? Or does she have only jointed elbows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is on the new articulated Silkstone body which means she has articulation in elbow and knees. I kind of like the old Silkstone body though to be honest. I have only one Silkstone doll on the old traditional body and I love the weight of her better than the articulated body but ... articulation means more poses right?

      Delete
  3. When you wrote that this doll would fit into Xanadu's Pink Fridays, I know which one you found! The pinkest Barbie I have ever seen, so so pink it almost hurts my eyes, in a good way! I saw her on their site and had a reaction, almost like you - she is too pink, I want her! Have not come to that yet! Well, well!
    She is stunning and congrats on finding her! She will be a bright beauty in your display cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, Ms Pink Lady could be calling your name in the near future! I like that I managed to get an Anniversary doll too as I rarely can so it's nice. And she stands out in the cabinet being all pink!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Alasse, she surely is PINK and so bright to boot! Somehow both yourself and Joanna can make your Barbies look like no other Barbies, and I mean that in a good way. :) When I look at them on other websites they hardly ever appeal to me, but you both have the knack of photographing them so they look their best and make them look tempting, even to me!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Pink is really pink! I do love that about her though and was the reason I wanted her! Me? Loving pink?? That's because of all your pink posts!

      That is really kind of you to say! It's been a challenge certainly taking photos of the Barbies. But I do enjoy it plus their scale lets me photograph then in a quasi-real setting.

      Delete
  5. Her hair color is all kinds of perfect <3 omg ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty wild isn't it. She is so pink. She stands out like a sore thumb in the doll cabinet!

      Delete
  6. She's beautiful, and yes, very pink...but I like it! Her pink hair is delicious like candy floss, and her face is really pretty. Well done for finding her and being able to bring her home :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her hair is like candy floss now that you mention it. So bright. I feel lucky that she was available here in my town. This sort of thing doesn't happen often!

      Delete