This series of photos is a purely visual story and is best viewed with the title track playing in the background.
Title Track: Forest Sounds ~ Guild of Ambience
Join Arianna as she makes her way through the Whispering Woods to seek out the ingredients she will need for a poultice.
Notes:
I took a lot more photos than shown here but I discarded a lot of them for various reasons. These three in particular I feel conveys what I wanted in the scene where Arianna is gathering herbs in the woods. I think the track playing in the background adds another level to the visual story.
As I lack a readily available forest where I live, I needed to find a way to make my own. The set is still a work in progress. I think I will need to add a few more things to make it a bit more believable. But for now, I think it works reasonably well. And it works for different doll sizes too.






You created a really nice forest. And it's great for every doll. Perhaps you could use some driftwood to make a fallen tree trunks.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly. I swear I saw some driftwood for sale at one of those dollar stores somewhere locally ... I guess if I'm desperate, I can try to make it out of airdry clay...
DeleteYour forest is coming along nicely Alasse, and your photos look great. The way you have posed the dolls make it all look so natural.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
I'm glad the dolls look natural. It's so hard sometimes to make them look not awkward! I think I need a canvas painted in different shades of green to use as a backdrop ...
DeleteWhat a great forest! And absolutely perfect background sound - one can really feel like in the middle of the woods. And, like you said, it may be used for the different size dolls, always looking great. Fantastic photos, as always!
ReplyDeleteI had planned to write a little story for her in this post but decided not to in the end as I couldn't really make my vision come to life in the photos fully. I am forever working on this forest so you may find things change or get moved around a bit.
DeleteLooking good in the forest. The last photo is beautiful, it is almost like she is sitting in a magical garden!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I like doing photo manipulations, I find I prefer to try and make my vision come true in reality for my doll photos. It is hard sometimes but I am glad that magical garden feel came across.
DeleteI think the forest looks really nice and you're able to use it in all weathers, which is an added bonus.
ReplyDeletex
It makes it easier too to just take photos indoors - no nosey neighbours trying to see what you're doing!
DeleteI love your photos, Alasse. You are right, this background looks nice with different dolls. You did a great job making this little forest.
ReplyDeleteI was sure I added comment here...
ReplyDeleteI love your photos. You are abslutely right, that this little forest is great for different dolls. You did a great job making it.
And kim in the pastel rainbow dress looks beautiful.
Your original comment was here. I have set my posts to moderation when they are older than a certain number of days so I don't get spam.
DeleteI love forest settings a lot and a lot of scenes are set there. It's all that greenery. I love looking at it. Maybe because there isn't so much of it here! Well, it's not too bad at the moment because of all the rain but once we finish the rainy season, the yard goes back to its normal state of brown...
Ok, I get it. I'm late with eerything. That's why I commented after so many days... ;)
DeleteWell, it was always green where I live during spring and summer. But now - we have dry weather most of the year. We had no snow. My lawn looks like a prairie... :(