When I create my Kingdoms, I look for particular music that encompasses the feeling, atmosphere and vibe of that particular Kingdom. Ylleria is my Northern Kingdom, a mysterious land shrouded by mists designed to confuse and mislead those not of Yllerian blood. For the longest time, this Kingdom remained isolated from the other Kingdoms. No one really knows why in the past two hundred years, they have decided to take part in the affairs of the world.
They are allies of Embra and the Southern Kingdom of Tallanon. Each of these Kingdoms have been gifted with Advisors to aid and guide them in the impending war with the forces of Caizar and the prophesied re-emergence of the Prince of Shadows.
For this Kingdom, I chose the music Lumina by BrunuhVille. The music evokes the sort of images I have of Ylleria and its citizens.
The main character who represents the people of Ylleria is Lady Amaryll of House Anewen. She is Advisor to the Western Queen and is versed in all manner of prophesies and ancient magic. She is also the youngest daughter of the Yllerian Queen at only two hundred and seventy two cycles.
I recently changed this doll's character but as the dress she was wearing is way too big for her and that bugs me to no end, I changed her character back to Amaryll but with some significant changes. Namely her colour scheme being all white now with hints of silver. I like that the colour really enhances the fact that she is very different from the humans around her. She's not meant to blend in with them but to stand out even in a crowd.
I'm currently working on a dress for her. I found this gorgeous tulle fabric embedded with pearls which I knew I had to use for her. I have some plans for a very simple head accessory. I'm just hoping the dress turns out the way I want it to.
This doll is hard to photograph. Her resin tone does sometimes make it difficult and I always end up having to do a lot of editing to the photos. But she is quite ethereal which I love.
I am still debating whether I will put a representative of the Southern Kingdom into the story or not. I haven't yet decided whether they actually have much to do with the other Kingdoms or not as they are located across a huge body of water, namely called, "The South Sea". I know, creative right?
Fantasy stories always end up with such a big cast of characters. Especially with a world as big as this one. Honestly, I seem to be more excited about this fantasy story than I am about the other bjd story that I'm just kind of lukewarm about. Maybe I should just pull the dolls from that second story and drag them into this fantasy story. Hell, the more I write excerpts and reflections, the bigger this world gets and more characters appear.
Food for thought on this Monday night that is about 45 minutes from being over. On that note, I think I will head off to bed. Hope everyone had a good start to their week.





Amaryll definitely has that superior look, fastuous and a bit cold. She's used to life at royal court and she knows her worth. That dress looks perfect on her. I love the pearls! Have you thought of some jewellery? And adding music to your story is a good idea.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you thought that was a dress! I actually just pinned fabric to her to experiment with how the fabric will fall and the overall colour scheme. I have some ideas for jewellery in mind but I'll be making them myself. It depends on what I have in my stash as the local bead store here is really crappy and doesn't sell a lot.
DeleteI love to add music to my stories. I've always done that (can't remember when I started doing that but as far back as I remember, there's always been music to help with the feel and inspiration of characters, settings, major events etc.)
Oooh, she looks perfect in that fabric, especially used as a veil! And, as always, I love both the story and music...
ReplyDeleteAaaaaand yes, you can't have good fantasy story without tons of characters, to the point, where the author himself/herself starts to forget about some of them ;) (happened to me, actually... and even to Steven Erikson ;).
Hehe oh boy, I do know how it feels. This is why I have a bio page for all my characters because sometimes I think, what did I call her again? And have to look it up!
DeleteI love the music by that composer. They are very good for fantasy. The dress turned out completely different to how I imagined but I really like the new style. It gives me of a priestess vibe which is what I want for this character.
She is from another world...
ReplyDeleteThe fabric you found for her suits perfectly. I hope the dress will look as you wanted.
It turned out even better than I imagined. I really like the changes I made to it. I had a lot of fun making her dress and I think it shows in the end result.
DeleteShe is stunning and I love her face, so serious but at the same time mild. She looks good in white and I hope that the dress you are making will come out as you want! Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteI think white goes so well with this resin tone. It just makes it even more obvious that she isn't human which I love. The dress turned out good and I had fun putting it together so that's important!
DeleteBeautiful. My favourite photo is the second one from the top, she looks gorgeous with the 'veil' over her face like that.
ReplyDeleteYour stories amaze me, where on earth do all the ideas come from!
Hugs xx
I didn't end up using that veil fabric for her outfit but I'm hoping to be able to use it on another doll at some stage!
DeleteHonestly, I have no idea Sharon. I always have stories in my head that want to be made more tangible. My head I think is a busy place sometimes. It's amazing I can even sleep with all the noise in there. I'm just forever thinking about stories I want to write. I just need to buckle down and write them!