Well this was a super fast arrival. The seller only posted this two days ago and usually parcels would take five days to arrive from that state. Either I got really really lucky or Australia Post are working overtime. It also happened to arrive super early this morning, before 8am. Again, I'm in shock.
This is my Queen Amidala - Portrait Edition in the Red Senate Gown released in 1999. As I mentioned in a previous post, there were only a total of three dolls in the series; Queen Amidala - Red Senate Gown 1999, Queen Amidala - Black Travel Gown 1999 and Queen Amidala Return to Naboo 2000.
This is my Queen Amidala - Portrait Edition in the Red Senate Gown released in 1999. As I mentioned in a previous post, there were only a total of three dolls in the series; Queen Amidala - Red Senate Gown 1999, Queen Amidala - Black Travel Gown 1999 and Queen Amidala Return to Naboo 2000.
She came loose in her box but I believe this was the same for my other Portrait Edition doll. No stands were made for these dolls. She did sadly have some marks under her nose and on her chin which I managed to get off with some elbow grease. Thankfully. There is also a weird stain under her chin that I couldn't get off. When she came, she had a weird white cardboard collar around her neck which I've since removed. So the stain could be from this but I think it's more likely from the neckline of her gown judging by the colour. But you can't see it anyway so I'm not too worried.
The first thing I did was remove her clothing and shake it out good and proper and gave her an overall clean. She had a lot of dust on her face and head pieces which I cleaned. I inspected her body for any melting and her clothes for any flaws. Everything was in pretty good nick given her age. Of course, this doll was NRFB so she hadn't been played with, just displayed. There was some small damage to the box but that isn't a big deal to me.
Her profile is so cute. I also love her face. I think her expression is very mature.
Okay, I really like the brightness of this outfit and the elaborate headpiece, although I can imagine that thing would feel heavy! The outer coat is a velvet type fabric and is quite detailed. I love how soft it feels.
Her inner gown is also quite detailed. I really like the design especially the brocade style sleeves.
I currently have two out of the three Portrait Edition releases now. The other one is the Queen Amidala Black Travel Gown edition. I'm only missing the third one, Return to Naboo which is from what I've seen hard to find, at least here in Australia.
These dolls definitely look great in person, better than a lot of photos in my opinion. They do not stand unaided though. And their posing is quite non existent but as I buy these dolls to display that isn't a deal breaker for me.These special Portrait Editions are much more detailed than the standard dolls and much more elaborate which I love.
That's it for today. Hope your week is going well.






Hi Alasse, They both look great and I do hope you can find the third to complete the set. Pity about the marks, but staining happens quite a lot with fabrics that are not pre-washed, another reason I'm not over the moon with commercially made doll clothes . . . and red and black are the worst. Love their head pieces!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
They are really breath taking dolls. I am quite impressed with them. The staining was a bit of a disappointment but at least I managed to get the ones that were visible off her face. The other one is in a place you can't easily see luckily.
DeleteIndeed, both dolls are lovely and their clothes and hairdos are very detailed. No wonder they are meant to be displayed. But for me it would be difficult to have a doll and just look at it. I hope you find the third doll.
ReplyDeleteI have some dolls that I collect purely for display and I'm okay with that. I do take photos of them from time to time but I don't do anything else with them. That's why I own the other dolls I actually do things with. It balances it out for me. Back in the day, we're talking years ago now, I used to have a collection of Xena Dolls. I never de-boxed them and just displayed them in the box. That's how I used to collect but BJDs changed everything!
DeleteCongratulations! Now I hope you will be able to get the third Amidala - the two you already have look fantastic together! I've never seen any of them here in Poland...
ReplyDeleteI know they were even hard to get here in Australia. Back when they were first released, my husband paid $150.00 AUD for the Black Travel Gown girl. He bought it for me for one of my birthdays and I never removed her from the box for years. She was displayed in her box. It really was only a few years ago I finally decided to debox all my Star Wars dolls. They don't really hold their value like with the figures anyway.
DeleteThe new girl only set me back $45AUD which is a lot less than the original price of these dolls on release. I've seen the third doll second hand from the US for around the same price range but I'm a bit wary of overseas shipping right now. Most of those ship only First Class Mail which Australia Post is not currently accepting. Apparently they are not even accepting parcels by EMS either I found out recently. Makes it hard as DHL is pricey.
Hello! She is stunning! And the stains are not shown in the photos. Her outfit is amazing and that head piece, wow! Congratulations and hope you find the third one too!
ReplyDeleteThe head pieces are really stunning. That's my favourite part of the entire outfit to be honest. Fingers crossed the third doll shows up second hand in Australia!
DeleteWOW those are very interesting looking outfits. And isn't it great when things arrive quickly...not that it seems to happen much here in Spain!!!
ReplyDeletex
It's always surprising when things turn up quickly here. I never expect it too either. I think they did such a good job of representing these outfits.
DeleteThey are both stunning and I love their outfits. I hope you will find the third one. I keep my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteMe too but so far, I haven't seen the third one pop up here in Australia yet!
DeleteThey look very special and unique!!! I love the red outfit and her hair. Congrats!
ReplyDeletetoo bad about the stains but considering her age it's not too terrible and you can't even tell in pictures and probably won't be noticeable n display unless people pay too much atenttion.
I love super detailed and ornamented dolls to be displayed, though I wouldn't own one.
Despite these movies not being my favourites, I did like a lot of the costume designs. I love having dolls like these to display to be honest. I don't feel like I need to be doing things with them constantly and that's always a good thing.
Delete