I really wanted to make use of the good weather outside yesterday for a change so borrowed two of my husband's Star Wars figures for a quick photoshoot.
It's a little hard to see as I wasn't sure if it would work. I had my daughter help me with this one. I gave her a spray bottle filled with water and got her to spray it up into the air. I wanted a fine rain mist effect which it provided however the camera doesn't do a great job of catching it. But if you look closely, you will see tiny water droplets on the figure and a fine mist on his helmet (courtesy of my daughter who decided to spray the water onto the figure at one point). I wanted to give the illusion he had been trekking through the rain in pursuit of a bounty.
The backyard once again serves as the "prop" for this photo adventure.
And as a bonus, I included a Behind The Scenes of one of the images above below. I was amazed at the level of posing of these two figures as some of my others couldn't even achieve the one leg kneeling pose that The Mando figure was able to do.
That's it for 'fun with figures' for today. I'm really enjoying branching out and experimenting with different subjects and challenging myself a bit more with my photos. Still have a long way to go though.






Great photo shoot Alasse! It's amazing what you can achieve with those little figures. :)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
Thank you! Plus if the figures fall which they have, the most I have to worry about is losing their tiny weapons. If my bjds fall, it usually ends up with chips in the face up or the sculpt itself. I'm having fun trying out different things with the figures.
DeleteYou did a great job, I love the photos. Oh, and I know this "helping" thing. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun to set up and photography. Yes they think they are helping but often aren't!!
DeleteOhhh goodness I *love* this one!! They looked like traversing a jungle--so good!!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I had a lot of fun setting this one up. Figures are just so much to pose and photograph. And no breakage if they happen to fall - which happens.
DeleteGreat work! The scenes look like from a new Star Wars movie :). The water droplets add to the atmosphere :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was a lot of fun. These figures are so poseable, I'm really liking playing around with them.
DeleteThank you. It was a lot of fun to try and photograph these figures.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed these photos. Some figures have great joints so they can be posed, and that makes it more fun to take photos. Fun with some help too, even if the water droplets ended up here and there. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been really getting into the action shots with the figures lately. I've since bought a ton more Star Wars figures to play with.
Delete