The title comes from a book I read to my daughter at bedtime about a little girl who goes from her 'little bed' to her big bed now that she's a big girl. In the book, the mother puts the girl to bed and she tells her mother she is not sleepy. Five minutes later, the girl falls asleep.
I wanted to photograph my MonstDoll who I haven't given a name I don't think or if I did, I don't remember (does this mean I have TOO many dolls?).
I was inspired by the story and decided to do my own little version of not feeling sleepy.
Summer can't sleep even though she tries very hard.
So she tries to distract herself by looking at the photos she took earlier that day with her favourite toy. She decides maybe if she takes that toy to bed with her, she might finally be able to sleep. So Summer searches until she finds him hidden underneath her pillow.
Tucked safe in her arms, Summer starts to feel sleepy and then she begins to dream...
Just something fun to do tonight. I didn't want it to be too serious.



Love these shots Alasse! They are so cute, you've made her grumpy face simply look sad. You really need another of these dolls to keep Summer company, then she might be able to sleep better at night. :)
ReplyDeleteBTW We must be on the same wavelength again. When I received my Gotz Summertime Hannah four days ago, I shortened her name to Summer. LOL!
Big hugs,
X
Don't tempt me because I have thought about getting another one for a while. But I have so many dolls now, I am always hesitant to get more - space is becoming an issue! I thought Summer being a bright and breezy kind of name would be amusing to have on a doll who is grumpy.
DeleteShe is so cute. I love these dolls, I think I need one... xD
ReplyDeleteThis photoshoot is wonderful. I love this little story. And her room looks great.
They are great dolls, nice hefty weight not too heavy though and they are really great posers I found. Mine just has her default outfit but maybe I will sew her more clothes sometime down the track. Temporary diorama room. This seems to be how I am doing my set ups these dolls purely due to space. I just don't have enough of it to build full dioramas anymore - at least for my doll scale. I was testing out a new way to set up some new lights I got for my figure photography. Decided to test them for my dolls as well.
DeleteAwww, she is really cute, especially with this grumpy look :). Hope she will have nice dreams now! The bed looks really comfortable :).
ReplyDeleteIt was just a temporary makeshift bed for the shoot. It is easier to set up and pack away but fun to photograph.
DeleteThank you. It was just a little scene I wanted to play around with.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a cute story and a lovely way to get inspired.
ReplyDeleteThe name Summer suits her.
Summer just contrasts so much with her grumpy expression, I love it. When I think summer, I think bright and cheerful. It amuses me.
Delete