Decided it was time to address the wigs for some of my dolls and to take photos of one of my neglected minifee girls. For the first time in a while, the sun was actually out so I had some good natural light to work with for a change.
Let's start today's post with Arianna, my red-headed forest dweller and one of the infamous Elyder Wytches - a group that aligned themselves with the First Prince of Shadows and almost destroyed the world. Arianna is a descendant of these same Wytches but she doesn't go around advertising that fact. She presents herself as a simple healer who works her cures with the use of herbs. If anyone were to find out the truth, she would be bound for the hangman's noose or a fiery death at the stake. You can't blame her for living alone and far from other people. After all, it's not her fault her ancestors wanted to end the world.
"Do not blame the child for the parent's mistakes..."
All Arianna wants is to live a quiet life far from politics and monarchs. She doesn't want to get involved in anything that might bring attention and has become an expert at laying low and appearing harmless. It's a lonely life but the wild animals of the forest keep her company. For she has the ability to communicate with them. And they in turn find it a novelty that a human can understand them.
Next up is Nera. I changed her wig for another blonde one. Might have to trim the fringe a bit I think. I really like the blonde on her.
She's my little sweet girl. She does have cat ears. I forgot to put them on when I took the photo. Nera is a young girl under a curse from a mage as a result of her parents not paying back a debt. She lives a half life as part girl/part cat. She has feline instincts, superior sense of smell and her fingernails are sharp enough to inflict wounds. Her parents abandoned their "monster child" after the curse was inflicted. She was taken in by a group of runaways and became fast friends with a young girl named Luna.
Last but not least, I decided to makeover the duo team of Jamal and Ydros.
Jamal has always been a bit bothersome when it comes to finding him the right wig. Nothing has ever looked "right" on him. However, I have never tried this particular wig on him and to be honest, it actually fits his head shape a lot better than when Ydros was wearing it. I feel like it gives him a roguish vibe which I really like and fits his character well.
He is a slave in Caizar and his background seems simple enough on the surface.Abandoned by a drunkard of a father, fell in with a bad crowd, got caught by slavers and hauled off to Caizar to be the slave to Prince Ydros. Pretty straight forward right? I'm thinking there's more to it than that and his "father" wasn't actually his father but someone he was stuck with when the ransom for him wasn't paid. Then the question becomes, "Who on earth is Jamal and is that even his real name?" It's a work in progress but I do have an idea. Lots of them like tiny drops of rain.
One of the main protagonist of the story is Prince Ydros. I rather like his new wig. Makes him look, well, more princely. Having briefly been introduced to him in Part 03 of Mareth's story (I really need to think of a title for this instead of it just being referred to as 'Mareth's story), you get the impression he's a boy with a bright personality. If so, then he's done his job well.
In Part 03, I added the boys' prologue prior to meeting Mareth. You will notice, the Ydros you meet there is somewhat more solemn and serious than the one presented to Mareth. A boy with a great burden and a (as yet) unrevealed mission. Let's just say Ydros is more than what he seems and there is only two people in the world who know his "true self" - Jamal and Serilda. Not even his mother the Empress really knows her son. His story is intriguing to me. As is his friendship with Jamal and Serilda. I have actually already written the partial ending to his story. I don't know if it will ever be posted to this blog but let's say it's bittersweet and heartbreaking.
Ah the friendship feels ... although Jamal looks a little miffed about something. Ydros has that effect on him though.
I would like to do a photoshoot outside. Maybe soon...







I like Nera in both wigs Alasse, I'm pleased you kept her as a blonde. Sometimes I find a day of swapping wigs brings renewed interest in dolls that have been somewhat neglected. Keep playing and having fun with them. :)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
I think the blonde suits her but I am now playing around with her eyes as I feel like the current colour is nice but kind of blends in with the rest of her face.
DeleteHello! It's been a long time since I was here, but it is great to see you are still blogging!
ReplyDeleteRegarding wigs--Nera looks lovely on the one you chose, and I think it goes quite well with her eyes. I understand what you mean with Jamal, I have had those issues, especially with my Iple Violet--nothing was ever right, until after several dollars futilely spent on awful wigs, I managed to get one that I love. Prince Ydro's wig also looks great, I like the crown!
I've only just come back for a few weeks but then I will be unable to post again for a little while after that so am making the most of the time I do have. I hate having to buy wigs and they turn out not to work as then I end up with so many unused wigs I don't need. Plus they are hard to move in terms of trying to sell them!
DeleteI like that crown! And it's inspiring to see that other people re-animate the neglected dolls. We should do that more often :)
ReplyDeleteThat crown is actually a bracelet I picked up at an Op shop. It was a good find and works well as a crown.
DeleteChanging wigs is always a lot of fun and some dollies start to look really different after such change! In case of your crew, all changes seem to be for the better, and I do love new wig for Ydros. And, as always, it's such a pleasure to read your stories!
ReplyDeleteI feel like giving them a new look brings new life to them. I'm glad the changes look okay. I'm still playing around with Nera's look though. Something about it feels incomplete to me. Thank you for reading my stories!
DeleteI've had this wig for ages. I got it from a friend and it's just so unusual - not sure if it was a custom wig made to order but I really enjoy the style. Arianna is definately a tragic character.
ReplyDeleteYou're right - that wig really suits Jamal. And makes him look more dangerous and a bit wild. Nera is adorable. Since she's been through some hardships she probably became stronger and resourceful. Somehow I thought she may look nice with some cat-like face marks (spots around her eyes or something like that).
ReplyDeleteGood suggestions for Nera. I have given her a bit of a makeover since this post though - changing stories around. Her background story remains largely the same just in a more modern setting now. I'm quite happy with how Jamal turned out.
DeleteOh, wigs. The wig on Jamal looks great on him and so does the outfit. I still have my Littlefee without a wig. I have plans and it never turns out well or suits her. But I will not give up!
ReplyDeleteI have dolls that have a hard time with wigs. And I don't like to buy new ones because they may or may not work and it tends to be an expensive mistake if it doesn't work out.
Delete