Recently I've been watching tutorials on Toy Photography and wanted to try my hand at this. I used my DSLR and phone to take photos. I got a new phone recently and I have to say, I love the photo quality on this one. Although that makes no difference on the blog as blogger does something weird to my photos and they never look quite as clear and crisp as they do in my photo editing program. Oh well, can only work with what I have.
I had fun even if I was getting eaten alive by mossies outside while trying to take these photos. I do like figure photography - they are small enough that real world plants and even grass can be used to make it look like they are traversing through a lush jungle.
New post will come soon as I got a new arrival. Those who follow me on IG will already know who the new doll is. Until then, hope you all enjoy your night (or day - wherever you might be in the world!)

Insects always seem to be very active when you try to take pictures outside. Fun photos :). I think the picture quality can be managed somewhere in google photos. If I remember correctly it's something like "upload in original quality". But I am not sure if it's still possible to chose that with blogger.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I tried to take a photo of a lady bug once and just as I was getting to snap the photo, it flew off! And don't even get me started on butterflies! Thank you for the tip on the photo quality. I will check it out and see if there is an option anywhere. I don't remember seeing one but it's been a while since I've looked.
DeletePhotography is my biggest challenge, so when I see photos like these I am a little envious. I particularly like that last "jungle" shot Alasse it looks so real.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
X
That jungle shot worked out so well. I took that one with my phone. I'm trying to expand and experiment more with how I take photos on my phone as I don't always like to lug the big camera around.
DeleteThe Star Wars figures are 6", the Nendoroid is 4" and the Vox Machina (the fantasy figures) are 7". They are a lot of fun to photograph but I have to get pretty low to the ground for some of the shots so I always have a towel handy to lay on. Sometimes I think you almost have to be a contortionist when photographying dolls and figures!!
ReplyDeleteSome smart phones can really take amazing photos and some even have something called night sky photography, so that you can take photos of night skies with stars.
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to photograph and you learn while you play. Love the last photo!
My husband says that cameras on smart phones these days rival actual cameras. Yes and no I guess. You have more control with a camera whereas with the smartphones, a lot of it is automatic.
Delete