It's getting harder and harder for me to resist Iplehouse and their amazing sculpts especially now that they are actually doing more mature looking MSD dolls. Take for instance, their newest limited JID girl,
Violet. The minute I saw her promo photos in that gorgeous tan skin colour, I could definitely see her more as my gypsy girl than the Luts Litchi sculpt.
I'm having to keep reminding myself of the reason why I traded away my JID Asa but ... look at that face. It really is the face of my envisioned 'Gypsy'. Ack. Have I mentioned how much I hate limited dolls? They never give me enough time to procrastinate.
And I still haven't organised doll sales yet (mostly because I am having second thoughts about my decision to sell certain sculpts - the normal for me, always second guessing myself.)
So to distract myself from the allure of this beauty, I turn to my trusty other hobby, the one that has sucked me in for many many years (since the franchise first hit the markets) - playing Sims 3.
I just finished decorating her house and I love it. It has that urban bohemian mix that I like.
Violet is lovely! I can see why you are tempted! :D
ReplyDeleteShe would make the perfect sculpt for a character I have in mind but so far am resisting.
DeleteViolet is rather fabulous, but yes if it was the posing and jointing you had trouble with that won't be going away... unless this is a new bod?
ReplyDeleteNot to my knowledge. I am pretty sure it's still the same body I had which was version 2. It was supposed to be an improvement from version 1 but ... I had a heap of problems with it that even sueding didn't help.
DeleteHello!! I understand what you say, I also fell in love with Violet in tan, but I can't get her right now :( I hope they will put her on the CDS soon!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I wanted to ask you if you want to swap buttons with my blog? I did not found any contact form, so I decided to ask here. Will wait for your answer!
I didn't know you could put contact forms on a blogger blog. Interesting.
DeleteSure on the button swapping. Mine can be found on this static page: http://waywardinn.blogspot.com.au/p/links-out_14.html
I totally get you! Violet is amazing, I was looking at her too ^^; those lips!!! And she would look great as a gypsy I guess :) I also understand the body problem though, I have exactly the same doubt... and limited dolls are awful, you feel the pressure to buy them or regret it later! Hopefully you will manage to decide what to do!
ReplyDeleteYes aren't her lips gorgeous? I also love that you can see a hint of her teeth as well. You have the bigger girl body right? A friend had one of the EID boys at one time and I got to see that body and it was massive. Way too much resin for me to handle but I do remember she had a few issues with that body as well.
DeleteI decided not to get Violet, not that I can afford to right now. I'm trying to save for a doll to shell another character I have but won't be able to purchase until late February 2014 - at least according to my calculations that's around about when I will have enough money for the doll plus all her clothing and wigs etc.