Saturday, 30 November 2013

The Return

It's only been a week but I decided to take my two Angel of Dream dolls off the market. I was admittedly getting cold feet and then realised how much I'd miss those dolls if they did sell so I've resigned myself to being one of those collectors who will never have a small collection. I'm kind of glad no one actually messaged me about those two dolls. I guess it was a sign from the dollie universe.


Here she is, back again. My lovely Qian. I have to admit, when I tried to look for another SD girl to replace her, I found many beautiful sculpts but ... they lacked a certain something in their expressions I was looking for and which my Qian already has. That was the clincher right there. No matter how many sculpts I looked at, I kept coming back to her.

I also changed her eyes back to blue as I liked them better in her than the green. I also decided to change her character and treat her as though she is a "new" doll, even though technically she's a "new" old doll.

Her character is Caitlin Munroe. She's a freelance photographer for The Haven Times. She also does the book reviews for the paper. She's currently dating fiction writer, Xavier Underwood. The two met at a writer's festival by chance when Caitlin spilled coffee over him. They've been dating for three years.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This is an awesome surprise!!! I am actually glad you didn't sell her because she is one of my favorite dolls in your collection! She looks great with the new eyes :)
    It is sometimes good to "recycle" dolls into new characters or new looks! Sometimes you end up loving the doll and getting excited as if they were actually new! Nice to meet Caitlin, hopefully you will show more of her soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too to be honest. I had wanted a Qian for ages so it's nice that she is staying. She fits the idea of the female characters that exist in a lot of my stories perfectly. Kind of like all those characters combined in the one shell.

      I am forever recycling dolls into different characters. I just don't have an issue with changing them if I have to. And it's fun to do that sometimes.

      Delete