I'm also trying to sort out who I actually want to keep out of that crew as I'm going to be needing more shelf space to display the new dolls. Right now, I'm sorting out the sales list and so far, in the definitely going column is my Minifee Carl. I just cannot do a thing with him. I'm also thinking I'd really like to cut my MSD doll numbers right back to just two or three so that lot is up for procrastination at the moment.
I'm getting a new face up done for Popodoll Bomu so whether he stays or goes will depend on how I feel about the new face up and if it makes me love that sculpt again.
Lastly, the Tinies (Pukifee Mio and AquariusDoll Jesse), I'm not sure if they're staying or not either. I've never been much of a "Tinies" fan and whilst they're nice and their size is cute and the clothing is really adorable, I'm not sure if that will be enough to give them a permanent place here.
My goal is by the end of the year, I go from owning fourteen of the resin folk to seven or eight. I think I'm just done with having what to me feels like a too large collection of resin. Their much larger size also takes up space that I need for my new interests (and as the hubby won't let me buy a third display cabinet for them, I have to get creative with the space I do have available.)
I'm also going to be heading into the diorama making world of miniatures so I need somewhere to display those too when they're not in use. This is the point that I wish I had my own bat cave for everything.
In the latest saga of the wallet munching monster, I managed to put in orders for some dolls.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Starting from left to right:
1. 2013 Integrity Convention Victorius Glamour Victoire Roux. This doll is interesting as she actually comes with the pieces to make the dress in the photo. From what I understand, the pieces are already cut and you just have to sew them together. I think she might have been a workshop doll. I ordered her from the Doll Peddler. (In stock, expected to ship sometime next week I believe).
2. Azone Pureneemo - EX Cute Family (Alice's Tea Party March) Hatter/Aoto. I ordered this one from Hobbysearch. Expected release is Autumn 2014 (I'm assuming this refers to Autumn in Japan.)
3. Azone Pureneemo - Character Series - Kousaka Kirino. Ordered also from Hobbysearch. Expected release for her is after July so I'm not sure exactly what that means. Sounds a bit vague but I won't be surprised if she's delayed. This has happened a few times with some of the Figma figures I order.
So that's the current tale of the wallet munching monster. I am sure it will strike again.
In the meantime, I have new dollies to look forward to, sales to put up and a diorama to start.

I'm kind of going through the same thing as you—trying to downsize my BJD collection a bit, and being totally obsessed with Azone dolls. So, I can relate. :) The hardest part is trying to decide which BJDs want to travel.
ReplyDeleteYour Integrity Victoire Roux is gorgeous! How fun that she come with a dress that you can sew for her. Can't wait to see photos of her. The Azone Aoto is adorable. I've seen a few other people with him and he always looks so precious. He has an amazing outfit too. Kirino looks cute as well. She looks like she was plucked straight out of an anime.
Isn't it interesting how our current interests can instigate a big change and influence where our attention is at the moment? I do agree with you on the travelling BJDs. I've only decided on the one Minifee boy still right now. I have two MSD grails I had wanted for the longest time but now that I have them, I am finding them incredibly difficult to style but am not sure if I want to let them go or not.
DeleteI can't wait for Victoire to arrive. No shipping notice from Doll Peddler yet. She's taking on the role of "The Rep", a quasi Auditor and mouthpiece for the Council of Elders. She clashes a bit with Victoria on how things need to be run on Cloud 9.
There's also a bunny girl coming out I think late March that I want to try and get to go with Aoto. Not holding much hope on that one as I think she will sell out on pre-order pretty quickly. And the last girl, I haven't seen the anime with her in it yet but I have seen the figma version of her (which I missed out on and she's no longer being sold).
If they ever released the Stein's Gate crew as Pureneemos, I will be in so much trouble. That's my favourite anime and so far, I already have the figma versions of the two main characters (missed out on the Nendoroid versions though.)
I'm sorry to hear that your tastes have changed, but glad to hear that you'll stay in the hobby! :)
ReplyDeleteMy own tastes change too, when something new catches me...I've so far sold all my Pullips off when I figured out that BJDs were more my thing!
Your new dolls look quite interesting though, and your diorama making sounds like quite a bit of fun! Can't wait to see where you're heading with all these new things. :)
I don't think I'd ever get rid of all my bjds, I like them far too much but definitely want to cull to the ones I really want to keep around. The hobby is interesting and I've discovered that I am more of a collector of a lot of different things so I guess I am embracing that these days instead of trying to resist it!
DeletePullips are the one doll type I have still managed to resist but the new Rosen Maiden Pullip and the Gosick Pullip is really testing that resistance. I have to mentally remind myself that I don't have quite enough shelf space for something that big along with everything else I have in there right now.
I can't move much on the diorama as I am waiting for the hubby to cut my walls for me. He doesn't want me to use the power saw in case I hurt myself being the somewhat clumsy person I can be around power tools! But once he has the walls cut, I can start putting it together. I am waiting on an order of some flashy modern chairs though and am hunting for doll wallpaper right now.