I finished Eve's skirt a few days ago but have been in the process of upgrading to a new computer thanks to the hubby. It's so nice to have a computer that plays my graphic intense games without the constant lags.
Before we get to the skirt, this is my mostly finished Totoro. A few issues to iron out I think. He is just missing his whiskers which I am thinking of using thin strips of leather and gluing to his face. I'm just not sure if I have a thin enough piece of leather in my beading stash.
I replaced Eve's former wide elastic with one that has a better stretch on it and isn't so stiff.
I am much happier with how this sits on her body. The other one, the front kept popping out constantly. I also cut the skirt length shorter. Previously, it was just below her knees, which is modest but I wanted Eve to show some leg. Although she'd be wearing stockings anyway so that was kind of redundant.
And here she is modelling. This is one of two shirts she has (the other one is a sweater shirt from Nine9style). I know, I've really been neglecting clothing this girl.What I would like to make for her top is a kind of corset-type bustier thing but without the gromets and ribbon tie at the back. I'm just doing some research into how to construct a corset type top (mostly checking out sites for fantasy clothing).
She also needs some nice pair of shoes. She has sneakers and that's about it. I have heeled feet for this girl (well, I used to unless I sold them ...I better check my resin parts stash).
The next project will be remaking those bunny and bear plushies with the fleece I bought last week and see how they keep their shape with the stuffing.
OT: I recently finished watching Magica Madoka (the series and the movies) and I have to say, I was blown away. I wasn't sure if I would like it and I was fooled into thinking the cutesy character designs meant it was going to be one of those cutesy type anime shows but boy am I glad I was wrong. This show deals with some very dark, very mature themes and the storyline is so complex particularly when you add the last movie Rebellion into the mix (which supposedly is a sequel to the series). My brain is still mulling over the meaning behind the ending to Rebellion.



Love the finished Totoro plushie and that skirt! ♥ Oh and I really like that rainbow eyeshadow Eve has, it looks so pretty~
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you enjoyed watching Magica Madoka! I think many people might not check out the series based on the character designs, especially Madoka makes it look like it would be just another magic girl anime, but there's so much more! I was blown away by the series too, I've seen a lot of anime, but Magika Madoka is still one of my top favorites :)
Thank you. I still haven't figured out how to add on his whiskers. It's going to be a challenge. She already had this face up when I bought her so it's a bonus. I do love colourful eyeshadows. Isabelle has something similar too.
DeleteMagika Madoka is definitely unique in its magical girl genre. I really love the concept they had surrounding magical girls. I loved that they took something everyone is familiar with and turned it on its head. It's such a deep story at its heart, dark but thought provoking. I'm really glad you mentioned the anime on your blog and introduced me to its existence. I haven't seen a good anime like that in a long time.
I'm becoming more and more interested in Magica Madoka because everyone here in the blogosphere keeps mentioning it :O maybe I will really give it a watch!
ReplyDeleteI like your sewing work and working with felt seems like so much fun to make tiny plushies~ Maybe you could try a Catbus next? :D
You'll have to let us know what you think if you do decide to watch the anime. I wasn't sure about it at first but I am really glad I watched it. You can skip the 12 episode series and just watch the three movies. The first two movies, Beginnings and Eternal are just a recap of the 12 series episodes. Rebellion is the last movie and essentially continues on from the series (if you decide to skip the first two movies and just watch the series like I did followed by Rebellion.)
DeleteThank you. It is a lot of fun working with felt. They just make such cute plushies. Oh my gosh, I just googled what the Cat bus looks like (haven't seen the movie in a while). Boy that looks complicated! It'd be interesting though to try and make.
You're going great guns with the sewing Alasse, well done!! You may find the fleece will stretch a bit when you stuff it, as it doesn't hold it's shape like felt does, but it will certainly be much more cuddly. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
X
Thanks Xanadu! Thanks also for the tip on the fleece. I'll keep that in mind when I try the stuffing in it. I might find a bigger pattern too for that fabric.
DeleteI love the skirt!! and that totoro is super cool!! you improve super fast~ though I think all your projects ended quite nicely.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing Eve and her colorful eyeshadow~
I'm not familiar with Magica Madoka, but I'm glad you liked it/ I haven't watch anime in like 10 years or so. I feel so old thinking about how much time has passed >.>
Aww, thanks for your kind words. When I can get "in the zone" I can pump out quite a few projects and just spend a lot of time making stuff. I'm enjoying the zone while it lasts. And it's been relaxing doing the handsewing. I tend to do it in front of the tv and catch up on some of the tv shows I keep up with.
DeleteIt's been a while for me watching anime too. It's only because hubby recently got us Netflix that I've been able to pick up some titles I hadn't known about previously. I'm currently watching Blue Exorcist and Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit at the moment. That last one is a slow moving story but it's quite enjoyable. It reminds me a little of the Twelve Kingdoms series which had this very big fantasy world entrenched in history and myth.