Her gorgeous face up is by Ticuk (who will also be painting my MH girls when I decide whether I will keep their original hair or not). She did an amazing job on Arianna who is exactly as I envisioned her. I tend to be really flexible when I get dolls painted and usually just say to the artist, "She's pretty confident, has street smarts and has a gothic vibe going on." and just let the artist do their thing from that. I choose face up artists because I like their style and am confident that they'll do an amazing job and every single face up artist I have commissioned have always done that. Every single face up I get done have turned out stunning and have always interpreted the character so well. So I feel really lucky with all the artists I've commissioned.
You can't see it in this photo and I couldn't get a clear enough photo of it but she also has painted teeth inside her mouth which is the cutest thing. It was a really nice surprise to find that.
I'm also stoked the Halloween head already has magnets installed so I could just stick these cat ears on her with no issues whatsoever and they hold pretty well. Downside is that her headcap is wobbly and I suspect it's because of where the magnets were installed. But it's nothing washi tape can't hold together.
Arianna with bestie, Isabelle who is looking a little punk rock today. Oh and Arianna kind of stole Jamal's wig but I do have another Luts order coming (couldn't resist that wig discount). I've ordered two different colours so I'm not sure which one Jamal will wear until I try them on him. I also bought a pink wig that I am going to try on Isabelle and see how that looks on her.
I figured while I had the Macro filter on, I'd take a photo of this figure from Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse. I haven't seen the anime so know absolutely nothing about the character but I liked the design and I thought she looked very cyborg-esque. And well, I do have a weakness for cyborg character designs.
I've been meaning to post this for a while now and am only just getting to it now. This is Astra, Kousaka Kirino (I also have her as a Cu-Poche). I actually gave her a haircut. I don't have a good shot of her with the original hair so I'm using one of the promo shots from HS.
This is the original character design as she arrived to me. Promo photo by Hobbysearch.
What her hair looks like without the cat hat. I had originally cut it just below her shoulders but the ends kept flicking out in a weird way and it bugged me so I ended up chopping even more hair off. I like this look for her. It has a tomboy feel that I like and that suits the Astra character very well.
On the incoming dolls front, I may have sneaked another Pureneemo into my cart which was in stock so I'm hoping she'll be shipped in the next week or two. And I know I've said no to Nendoroids but ... one came on pre-order that I found really hard to resist (plus there was no cu-poche version of her) so that snuck into the cart as well.
I'm so tempted to order Pullip Alura but with how bad the AUD is at the moment, I am hesitating a bit plus I have never used that site before ... but really, I just want that black outfit for Clara!!






Love the face up on your Halloween girl Alasse, the eye make up is beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteAre they knockers on that cyborg girl? They look huge!!
I do like Astra's new hair cut, very smart and trendy.
Hugs,
X
I really love the way the eye makeup flicks up at the ends, almost like those cat eye liner.
DeleteYeah, they are. They do look huge don't they? It's supposed to be some sort of moulded suit cup or something.
Short hair really suits Astra I think.
Oh woooow, Arianna is absolutely stunning! The faceup is perfect for that face. Ticuk did a wonderful job bringing her to life! I can't wait to see her at the next meet. I like her in the black wig, but it will be interesting to see what else you have in mind for her.
ReplyDeleteI've learned to be more like you when I commission artists. And I also don't let myself decide too much about their character until they have a faceup, and then I get to know them. :)
I quite like Astra's haircut. The little flip on one side is great!
I'm so curious to know which Neemo you have incoming. :)
I am really happy with how Arianna turned out. Ticuk has done a wonderful job on her as always. She is really amazing in person too. You know me and wigs, my dolls tend to cycle through a few of them unless they're a very specific character like my Hee-ah girl.
DeleteI love giving the artist a lot of freedom plus I always like the 'surprise' when the face up is completed. I only ever have a vague sense of the doll's character initially and fill the rest out when the face up appears too.
The flip on Astra's hair was definitely an accident. The hair kind of has that already naturally but it worked out well I think.
I'll definitely be posting about the new Neemo. There's been no shipping notice as yet from HS but they've only just got back from holidays so they're probably going to be a bit backlogged with posting out orders for the next week or two.
The faceup looks beautiful on your Halloween girl, the artist did great job on it :3 Astra's short hair cut looks really cute too!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see which Pureneemo and Nendoroid you're getting :)
Pullip Alura seems to have gorgeous outfits ;3; Good thing that I'm not into Pullips (at least my wallet thinks so hahah), but I sometimes wonder how some of the clothes would fit on Pureneemos...
I really love her. I mean, she looked great blank too but the artist exceeded my expectations.
DeleteI'm glad Astra has short hair now because I really was struggling with her a lot previously. Her original hair was very very uneven in a lot of places and hard to style.
Actually, I wonder that too. I keep meaning to try some of the default Pullip outfits on my Neemos to see how they will look. I will try and do that over the next few weeks.
The Nendoroid won't be too much a surprise given my taste in the type of cu-poche I collect and the Neemo, well, I have not got her combination of hair/eyes in my collection as yet and there was an older version of her that I really liked but she was always a bit pricey on Mandarake so this much newer version of her is a lot better but also her hair is more the colour I want than the older version of her.
I love how your halloween girl turned out!! You have a great eye for good face up artists :D all your dolls look great
ReplyDeleteThat cyborg looks pissed off and I like it!
I like the haircut on Astra, I used to have my hair like that when I was younger :)
Excited to see your new purchases as well! That pillip outfit looks super cool, it would really made a nice adittion to your collection if you decide to get her ~
Thanks! You know, normally, this Halloween girl is not the usual style I go for in terms of sculpt but there was just something about the way her eyes and lips and nose were all sculpted that appealed to me. I really liked her when she was blank too so with a face up, she's even better.
DeleteYeah, she definitely looks pissed. I really want to do a shoot with the cyborg girl in my brown garden. I think it could pass as a wasteland. I've had this idea for her for a while now but haven't got around to it yet.
Did you? I love short haircuts. I haven't gone that short but close (just grazing the shoulder short). My hair is so thick that it gets heavy the longer it gets so I tend to cut mine back a lot. I like Tomboy style dolls.
I would love to get the Alura pullip but the AUD has dropped even more this morning, arrgh! I will have to pass on her but maybe someone will sell that black outfit separately ... one can only dream. I don't know if that would happen because that outfit just totally rocks and goes so well with Alura. Apparently, Pullipstyle don't know if they'll offer her or not but I'm keeping fingers crossed. Price-wise, I find the Groove store pricing is always more expensive than at HS or Pullipstyle. If Pullipstyle end up offering her, I'd be really tempted because they always have such good prices for their Pullips. It's always hard for me to pass up on them at that site so I try not to visit the site too often!!
What a great Halloween girl, just in time! I love Isabelle's wig~
ReplyDeleteLuts wigs are so nice, I always like their styles and colors, and the discounts right now are very very tempting ToT
I love the hair cut you gave your girl, I'm always afraid to cut any hair D: D: Have you tried shaping any strange curls with hot water? That seems to work well on dollies with rooted hair~
Oh yes, I have to agree with you on the Luts wigs. I do love the diversity in style and colour and they ship pretty quickly too. I already got a shipping notice last night. I also love that Luts do events throughout the year so if you miss one event, you know there'll be another one at some stage.
DeleteI was afraid to cut hair for a long time but then I started out cutting a wig that it didn't really matter if I stuffed up because it was a wig no one used and was perfect for practicing on.
I have even tried the boil straighten method a few times on the same doll and it still kinks and curls all over the place.