As promised, today is all about Josef (mostly).
He is my resident Inn gardener with a green thumb and a gentle way with plants and animals. He was one of Xaviers' older brother, Geraints' friend. Since his older brother disappeared, Josef has been somewhat of an older brother replacement and the two have formed a strong bond. Whilst Xavier has given up, Josef continues to investigate what happened to The Medusa; the ship Geraint and his crew were aboard when it disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle.
[Incidentally, Geraint's back story is lifted from a roleplay campaign I wrote back in 2004 that centered on a crew aboard a ship bound to the Bermuda Triangle to investigate the mysterious disappearances that happened there. I have a fascination with that place and it tends to crop up in my short stories from time to time.]
Josef got his new wig (finally!). The white fake fur wig he was wearing previously was just a stand in but this is the one I had my eye on for him for a while. It's taken me a while to actually order it so it's nice that he finally has his own wig. I really like how the colour really enhances how pale he looks despite the fact that he does spend time outdoors in the garden.
A few more photos of Josef...
I have found he contemplates deep things a lot. Or maybe he just isn't a very social person.
I always forget how big he is (in terms of height).
I also picked up a few extra things during my stint at the local Spotlight today.
They had 50% off fleece so I purchased some yellow and white to make plushies with. The blue fabric is stretchy fabric, a knit fabric I think and was in the discount bin. The jelly roll is felt and really good size for the small plushies I make. And of course I purchased some safety eyes (thanks for the tip Xanadu!). The smallest they had was a 7.5mm size. I also purchased some other types of eyes as well (ones I have to glue on) and star buttons because I think they would make cute eyes for some plushies.
Also managed to pick up a storage container for the eyes I have. It's all nice and neat now and easy to get at. I have glass, urethane, acrylic, silicone and the oval shapes I think are meant for porcelain dolls but they work for bjds too.
Phew. What a day. I think it's time for a cup of tea now and a spot of Titan Quest. I'm currently obsessed with that game.






Josef looks great, the new wig suits her perfectly! I'm generally not a big fan of Dollshe boys (they're too tall and slim for my taste), but there are a few that I do enjoy seeing photos of. Josef definitely falls into this category, I really like his look :3
ReplyDeleteGreat sewing&crafting finds, and the storage container for eyes seems very useful! I just have one small box where I store all the extra eyes I have, it works quite nicely since I only have a few pairs but if I get more, I'd like to get a storage container where they'd be more organized and not just a mess XD
To be honest, I still can't believe I have a Dollshe boy. He was THE grail doll I came into the hobby really wanting but never expecting to ever own. I think that's what I liked about them, their tall and lanky and mine is extra lanky because he is on the Rhythmos body which is the slimmest.
DeleteThe good thing about this storage container is that I can now see exactly how many eyes I have and it's a lot more than I thought!
I do love Josefs new look Alasse, very handsome. :)
ReplyDeleteWas that jelly roll from Spotlight too? I haven't seen that in mine yet. Oh those storage boxes are great, I have some smaller ones that stack, they are so handy for small bit and pieces.
Hugs,
X
This is the vision I had for him so I am really quite happy that it's finally made reality. Even though I tried out a few different hairstyles, somehow, I always knew I wanted him to look quite pale and his new wig really enhances that feature.
DeleteYes, that Jelly Roll was from Spotlight, in the fabric section. Mine was near where all the quilting fabric was. I think they had some quilting fabric Jelly Rolls too. It actually doesn't surprise me if your Spotlight doesn't have it. I also buy scrapbooking supplies and I've found a lot of the stuff advertised in their catalogue aren't even in the stores. It's a bit annoying. Beginning of the year, Heidi Swapp released some scrapbooking tools that were available in most stores in the Metropolitan areas but we never saw those tools for close to two months (after they were advertised in the catalogue) in our store. Drives me bonkers sometimes.
It always amazes me how skinny Dollshe boy bodies are ! :O I adore their expressive hands a lot ~ Josef is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI love that eye box, I have a similar one I padded with tissue ~ it works so well, doesn't it?
Mine has the skinniest body they have too! But I have to admit, I love it. Tall and lanky for boy dolls has always been a bit of a weakness for me. I am seriously debating ordering a second pair of hands from Dollshe seeing as they are supposedly discontinuing this line of bodies now.
DeleteThose eye boxes work a treat and keeps things neat and tidy too and easy to see. I actually didn't know I had this many eyes!
Josef looks great!! I find so hard to shop wigs for Saints, and He absolutely rocks that blonde wig. And there's not that many blonde saints so this is a treat :D
ReplyDeleteHe totally can be pale and be in the sun with lots of sun protection haha, I'm super pale and I can't get tan, I just get red XD so sun protector all year round and I'm always pale :)
Can't wait to see what projects you do with all that stuff! And the box for the eyes is genius, I always see those boxes but I nmever thought of any use for them, clever!
It's really funny because sometimes, the Saints fit a 7-8 inch but other times, they don't. This one he is wearing is an 8-9 inch which is just a touch loose but he'll be wearing a wig cap underneath which should keep it more stable. Yet, other 8-9inch wigs, he fits fine. It's just such a strange shaped head.
DeleteI think you are right. He definitely goes crazy with the sun block!
Those eye boxes work a treat. Lucky for me, I will probably only buy a few more pair of eyes. I still can't believe I still have so many despite sending eyes off with dolls I have sold on.
I'm going to try and remake that bunny and bear using the fleece and see how that turns out alternating between the white and yellow for both. That blue fabric screams leggings and/or shirt.
I have such a weakness for tall and slim men with blond hair and blue eyes! ♥ Josef is very handsome, I like his casual style. ^^ I wish I had one more Dollshe guy to dress up in casual clothes, the ones that I have only wear suits. xD But I can't really afford a third one at this point... and Dollshe is discontinuing the old guys - yet again. -__-; The newer male dolls aren't really my taste with that muscular body. Although, I very much like Lewis, but of course you can't buy only his head. :'D
ReplyDeleteAnd oh, you're planning to make plushies? May I ask what kind? :D I always enjoy shopping for craft supplies, but I'm bad at actually doing something with them, haha... especially when I find some cute buttons, I just want to keep them stored in my crafts box instead of attaching them into clothes, ahah... I should really get this hoarding tendency under control (I'm pretty sure it runs in the family as my grandma has tons of fabrics, buttons etc as well)!
That makes both of us for the tall, slim men. And blonde hair and blue eyes, such classic combinations but they work so well.
DeleteI always hoped I could one day get an Orijean (I just love his sculpt) but now that they are discontinuing that line (again), doesn't look like that will happen. Do you think the discontinuation will stick this time though? They have been discontinuing that line for a few years now although I feel like this time, they actually will because they seem to be moving more towards the muscular body and very masculine heads (some of them admittedly remind me of Iplehouse EID guys).
Currently, I am making them out of acrylic felt but I'm getting a supply of wool felt in soon and I bought some fleece so I'll try to make some out of that fabric too but mostly plushies for dolls. I've purchased at least one set of patterns from Etsy that I'm trying to perfect and there's another pattern I want to buy at some stage but eventually, once I get the hang of it, I want to design my own plushies. I have a few ideas already but I just want to get the stitches and construction right first.
I have to admit, I do that too with craft supplies. I have so much fabric but never got around to using most of it. I was supposed to use them to make skirts for myself but as per usual, that never happened. If I could get along with my sewing machine, things might go more smoothly.