I've never really paid much attention to this particular character. I only vaguely knew she was part of the Vocaloid group of singers. But when I saw this Pop Vinyl doll, I thought it was super cute and decided to get her.
Having a look around youtube, I came across this live concert "World Is Mine" and I was pretty impressed. For a purely digitally created character, her animation is quite smooth and life like. Plus the song is pretty catchy.
Even the box is pretty cute. I love the Pop Vinyl eyes. Reminds me a little of Coraline.
And here she is unboxed.
She stands pretty darn sturdy on her own. I love the weight and feel of her in my hands and all the little details.
The back view. I have to say, I wouldn't be surprised if I start collecting some more figures of Hatsune Miku. Her name is quite nice too, just rolls off the tongue.



Pop vinyl dolls are the cutest XD I especially love the avengers ones (chibi iron man!!) ~
ReplyDeleteMiku is a cute character and the holographic concerts they've made for her in Japan were amazing @o@
I like Black Widow from that series but the Ironman one is pretty cute too.
DeleteI'd love to go to one of those concerts. It does look pretty amazing and from what I saw in that video, it seemed to be a lot of people there.
How cute she looks XD I do agree with you that Pop Vinyl eyes look like Coraline's. Thank god I've managed to resist getting any of these figures/dolls, they're really cute but I can imagine that they would come with "gotta catch them all" feeling...
ReplyDeleteLucky for me, I am pretty particular about which ones I want so I don't think they will multiply as fast as the MH dolls here. There is one Sherlock and one Doctor Who one that I have my eye on and possibly Egon from Ghostbusters but that's about all right now.
DeleteI love, love, loooove Hatsune Miku (and other Vocaloids as well but Miku is my #1!! <3)! I was suprised to see that Pop Vinyl makes figure of her as well!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you watched the World is Mine concert! It's so incredible! One of my dreams is to go to one of those concerts in the future! (*q*)
I was too. I thought Pop Vinyl did mostly movies and tv shows so was surprised to find her. I also noticed they had some Black Butler ones although I didn't really like any of those. I keep hoping they get licensed for the Deathnote characters. I've been wanting an L in some form for a while now.
DeleteI think it would amazing to attend one of those concerts. I was pretty floored by the video I watched, really quite seamlessly and that dance animation she does, wow, so fluid.
Finally a character I know :D! XD She's super cute! and there's a lot of figures and dolls of her around :) Love her hair~
ReplyDeleteIt seems that Pop figures are really popular and they do something for all the fandoms out there, I've seen some really nice ones of Once Upon a Time characters. Ilove that show haha, The Evil Queen/Regina one was cute, but I can't see myself collecting figures. I love seeing other people's figures though, and you always get such cute ones!
That's my favourite part of her character design too, that blue hair. It's just such a nice colour and I love the pigtails.
DeleteI went and had a look at Regina after you mentioned her and you are right, she is pretty cute. I stopped watching after Season 3 (was that the Peter Pan arc?) but I always loved the character of Regina. I always felt that even though she tried to change her ways, the 'good guys' made it difficult for her by always reminding her about what a bad person she was and that she couldn't really change. Maybe one day I might go back and watch the rest of the series. Last I heard, they were doing a Frozen arc and there were a few evil Queens gathering.
PS. Have you seen the trailer for The Huntsman: Winter War? I'm quite excited for it.
I had no idea about that movie!!! :o I'm guessing that's a prequel for snow white? Love the evil costumes haha
DeleteAnd yeah Peter Pan arc was pretty lame and the Frozen arc was worst, but they reivindicated in my eyes after that XD This new season has been great so far :) and lots of Regina screentime mwuahaha, She's my fav XD
Yeah, I was a little confused as to whether it was a prequel or not but I love the costumes too. It looks like a swashbuckling adventure which I have a hunger for right now. Not enough fantasy swashbuckling movies!
DeleteOh this current new season is the one after the Frozen arc? Hmm, I might skip the Frozen arc season and check out the newest one and see what it's like. I did come across a figure or something, can't recall now, of "Evil Emma" or something like that and it had me curious.