I finally managed to test out the Azone Oil Mist I purchased a few weeks ago and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. My fear was that an "oil" mist would be a little greasy but it actually isn't. I put some on my finger and it dissolved fairly quickly and felt quite light and airy.
I think I will use this on a few of my other Pureneemo girls. I just covered Chiika's face with plastic wrap and sprayed on the mist held about 15-20cm away from her head. It works pretty well. I wasn't overly generous with the mist though and didn't soak the hair in it. Just spritz it a bit on her hair.
I think it worked pretty well. I had to spritz the ends a few times as they were the driest part of the hair and kept sticking out all over the place. But overall, I am happy with the result. She doesn't look like she just rolled out of bed now.
I also ordered some clothes from Studio 1283, a skirt I had my eye on for a while now for Eve and a gorgeous knit set for Rune.
Eve modelling her beautiful new skirt. I really love the design and style and Xanadu has an eye for great fabric. Really well sewn and quality finishes. Eve loves it too.
Rune in her knit set. I actually ended up receiving two of these lovely knits, I kind of wish I had another YoSD now to model the other one! They're both so lovely and delicate and well made. I am a bit envious of those who can knit. I can never make heads or tails of the terms and techniques!
Rune gives a big thumbs up to Studio 1283 for her gorgeous winter attaire.
Just because Eve is popular with the smaller dolls for some reason. Maybe it's her matronly look?
A quick photo of her wearing a shirt I got from my friend. This girl rarely takes bad photos.
One I forgot to post of Josef the other day, looking as elegant as ever. I kind of debate getting smaller eyes for him but these are pretty small as is ...
I also received a very much anticipated and long awaited doll in the post today. I will do a box opening post a bit later.
That's it for today. Hope everyone is having a lovely first part of their week!







Hi Alasse,
ReplyDeleteOh my isn't my face blushing, thanks for the compliments. Actually I noticed the green in the skirt, matches quite well with the green stripe in the top, was that just a coincidence?
That's a lovely photo of Eve and Rune together.
I love your Dollshe Saint Josef, I wouldn't change a thing about him, the eyes are fine and they're a gorgeous colour too! You must be on the same wave length, as hubby and I were discussing him this morning. :)
Looking forward to seeing your new doll.
Hugs,
X
Funny you should pick that up, it was a coincidence when I tried the skirt on her as I had another top planned to wear with it but then I noticed the green stripes on the top she was already wearing and thought it looked quite nice with the skirt so that was pretty awesome.
DeleteThank you. Small dolls always look great photographed with the big dolls.
Oooh are you planning on a DS Saint?
I LOOOOVE Studio 1283 too!! Xanadu makes the prettiest things, I bought a yoSD dress from her and it'my favorite dress from all the ones Ailene had (and she has quite a few!), it's also the one that fits her best.
ReplyDeleteThe oil mist did a huge difference with her hair, I like it!! good thing to know it's not too oily, since that's the scariest thing to have near a doll imo haha
Finally more Josef!! He;s so handsome, I love that hat so much X)!!! Saints wear super tiny eyes hahaha, I was always trying the smaller eyes I had on mine and I always thought they looked a bit big, though your looks quite nice. They are a bit big to my taste but since theya re so light, it doesnt bother me at all, He looks great in those.
I love her fabric choices and trimmings. They always go together so well. I'm actually lucky that skirt was still available because I had seen it when it was first posted up but then ended up forgetting I had to order it!
DeleteThe oil mist felt so light even on my finger. I sprayed it there first to see how oily/greasy it would be but just as the name implies, it's light as mist. Because I'm not as familiar with Pureneemo hair, I wanted to buy a product made by Azone designed for their dolls but I am sure it would probably be okay to use on Pullip hair too but I'm going to err on the side of caution and use the part water, part softner mixture for the Pullips.
Saints have such small eyeholes! I don't even know what size these are, either a 12mm or 10mm. I might still get him something a size down from what he has in the same colour and see what I like better. I tend to like to see a bit more of the white in the eyes.
Josef really does look elegant! I love how much character that big floppy hat has as well.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if doll oil spray is similar to wig spray? Sounds like it must work the same way at least...
I really need to get Josef more clothes though but because he's on the Rhythmos body which is quite skinny (he would look half starved next to your EID boy), he's hard to shop for.
DeleteNot sure about wig spray - never used it myself but I would imagine so but I think it also depends on the fibre the wig is made from. I'm not sure, but Pureneemo hair may be Saran ...but don't quote me on that one.
I wonder about products like those, how long does the effect last? :O In the past I've just used regular conditioner for wigs and that seems to have helped a lot. So I never bothered with specialized products like this.
ReplyDeleteYour girls look lovely and Josef is awesome as always! I like his color co-ordinated hat & scarf!
I'll have to update on the duration in a few weeks. I assume it should last for a while but it probably depends how much you spray onto the hair. I've tried conditioner on some of my doll hair but it seems to only work on the MH dolls. I've switched to softner now and I find it works better for most dolls.
DeleteJosef needs brighter clothes I think. He's always wearing neutral colours so I'd be curious if he could pull off colourful.
So much nice stuff! :D
ReplyDeleteGood thing the mist spray worked out. Stray hair can be such a pest ^^"
I love that picture of your Josef! He looks so divine *_*
He has a really cool styling. :D
Uhh! Can't wait to see your new doll. Congrats on getting one! *^^*
This is one of the reasons I don't tend to buy those Monique wigs for my dolls. They're lovely quality but boy do they have so many flyaways!
DeleteThank you. I really need to post more photos of him. He is a really lovely sculpt. I'm glad I added him to my collection.