Friday, 5 February 2016

Box Opening: PN Kohina

I'm a bit backlogged in box openings. It seems a heap of stuff decided to come around the same time! I have a figures box opening and a unexpected doll purchase box opening to come later.

For today's post, we meet Azone Pureneemo Kohina (from the Character Series line). She is on the XS body and came with option hand parts.


I'm going to keep her name as Kohina, mostly because I like the name. She has a bob style haircut although there are long sections at the back that I might end up trimming to give her a complete bob all around her head.




The standard box she came in. I don't really think her haircut looks very close to the promo photos at all which is a shame. But it's an easy fix.


I love her socks and shoes and her outfit. She also has really lovely eyes.


Without the white sailor collar cape.


With  my Chiika, Pinea. The two seem to be getting along quite well.

This doll was pre-ordered back in February 2015 and was initially supposed to be released in September 2015 however she just kept getting delayed. I kind of lost count after the third delay. And she finally arrived this week so she has taken a year to get here. Or close to it. Longest wait for any doll ever.

I don't think I will be pre-ordering anymore Character Series dolls. They seem to suffer from lack of attention from Azone. But she's home now and despite a tiny flaw (her hair), I love her.

14 comments:

  1. She is pretty charismatic for such a small doll :D
    What a wait! I'm sad the hair didn't match fully the promo pics, but as you say, is should be possible to style it into what it looks like on her box. ^^
    Kohina is a very cute name, I get why you want to keep it *^^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love her expression quite a lot. I'm glad I got her even if I had to wait such a long time to actually physically get her!

      I tend to give my dolls haircuts anyway so it'll be fun to do this haircut.

      Delete
  2. Oh yay, she's gorgeous! Congrats to you! I can't wait to get my own at long last! And I'm with you on not pre-ordering any more Character series.

    I like that you're keeping her name, I think it's lovely and suits her. It's really too bad her hair doesn't look quite like the promos. I'm probably going to cut mine, as well, if she's got that long-looking back part. I'm picky about bobs. ;)
    Oh, and is she on the S size bust like the promo said? I'm planning to swap her body with a spare XS if she is.

    Do you like her overall? I bet she'd get along well with Freya, though I think she's quite cute with perky Pinea, too! (Pinea's hair looks absolutely wonderful now. I'm glad the oil mist worked for you, and was pleased to read it isn't oily. Good to know shoud I ever need it for one of mine.)

    I can't wait to see what your surprise doll is! Now that you collect so many types, I doubt I could guess right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Azone tend to concentrate on their Ex-Cute line as from memory, I don't really think any of the ones I've ordered from that line have been delayed. They always seem to release when they say they will. Makes sense as it's probably their best seller line.

      Mine also had uneven strands I had to tidy up so watch out for that. Regarding the chest, I actually didn't notice to be honest and I must not have read about the S bust. I wonder what that's all about. She feels like any other of the XS size but when I undress her to cut her hair, I will compare her with Chiika's chest and let you know.

      I do like her overall. I just need to fix that hair. That for me was really the only disappointment because part of the reason I wanted her was that cool looking bob of a hair and Azone didn't really deliver on that front sadly.

      Let's just say, it's a new line of dolls yet again. New but familiar.

      Delete
  3. Oh I do hope you can fix her hair, that bob looks so cute and promising! :D
    Such delays though :O Do the character series have more delays than regular releases? Hmmm ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the bob on the promo photos of her quite a lot. I'll try my best to fix and restyle her hair. If worse comes to worse, I can always re-root but we'll see what happens.

      Azone seem to favour their Ex-Cute line which is their original doll line so it makes sense they would push those out on schedule but the Character Series dolls don't seem to get a lot of love as new dolls come up pretty randomly and not regularly. I've also found in my experience (I now have three dolls from the Character Series) that the quality isn't often as good as with their Ex-Cute or even Sahras a la mode line. I'm actually surprised at the quality of the outfit on Kohina as it's normally the sort I would find on the Ex-Cute line. The shoes though are really simple.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow a year!! That's too bad, but she is lovely and I hope it was worth the wait.

    Her hair in the promos look so nice, but it does look like it won't be too hard to style it that way.
    I like her name too~ congrats on finally getting her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is worth the wait but I have never had to wait a year for a bjd so it's mind blowing when you think about it! Plus these dolls are so much smaller!

      I'm hoping restyling and cutting will result in a similar style to the promo photos as that's part of the reason I got her!

      Delete
  5. How cute she is! Great that you finally got her home, that was quite a long wait D: I know a few other people who also ordered her and were happy to finally get her. The Character dolls might not be so popular and get so many orders, but it's a shame if they're release dates are pushed backed because of that :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be surprised if that is half the reason these dolls get delayed. It was getting to the point that every "reschedule date" email I got elicited a bit of an eye roll and the thought, "This doll is some mystical thing that exists in the ether or something..."

      I've never had to deal with such a long wait time before so it was a first certainly and hopefully I won't have to deal with a wait time like that again!

      It is lucky her cuteness makes up for her lateness!

      Delete
  6. Weak haircut or not, she's adorable!

    A year is a such a long time to have to wait for a doll; I can see why you wouldn't plan on pre-ordering any more of them. It certainly puts the 6-month waits that I've been complaining about into perspective too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, even a 6 month wait is a long time and you're waiting for a figure too! I wonder if it's the nature of those particular collectibles that there are so many rescheduling issues. I've been waiting on a Chara-Forme twins figures since August 2015. They were supposed to be released in December 2015 but they've already been delayed twice so I have no idea when they will arrive. It says February 2016 at the moment but who knows if that will stick!

      I'm hoping your wait won't last much longer!

      Delete
  7. Hi Alasse,
    I was thinking exactly the same about her hair, it really does need some styling as the back is way longer than it should be if you are going by the illustration on the box. But all in all she's a very sweet little gal and I do like her clothes, they are simple, yet elegant.

    Congrats on her arrival!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very strange that her hair was done this way as the promo photos do give the illusion that the hair is a bob cut all around. Lucky that I do like her and aren't afraid to take scissors to doll hair!

      Thanks. It's been such a long wait but I'm just happy she's finally here.

      Delete