Saturday, 4 June 2016

A Rose By Any Other Name...

Finally, I have given my Obitsu Mafuyu girl a name. It's only taken me a few months!

Let me introduce you to Lira. Her name came to me tonight when I was playing around with her wig style and colour. I had this gorgeous light brown wig lying around and thought I'd give it a whirl. I really like the colour on her. She'll have at least three wigs in total, each style designating her "stage in life". This one, short and boyish is Lira in her late teens (around the 17-19 age bracket) before she was scouted as "LI", lead singer of Blue Rhapsody.

Her theme song: Evolution ~ Ayumi Hamasaki

Lira 2.0


Lira 2.0


I love how well her eyes shine here. Sometimes they can look a little flat so I'm happy that they kind of sparkle in these shots. I still haven't decided on the other type of wigs yet. One will be the style she wears when she's older and the other will be what she wears as a disguise.

I am constantly amazed at how well this girl poses. Here, she looks like she's in mid-step.

She is wearing MSD top, SD13 pants (tights) and MSD shoes. She is carrying a bag meant for MSDs. The waistband on the pants are slightly big around her waist area as she has such a petite waist but because these are tights, the fit is a lot better than jeans in the same size which are pretty big on her.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

7 comments:

  1. She looks so nice!!!!And I love her name and the little of her story posted here :D!!
    Her style at that age is way better than mine ever was hahaha, love the shoes and the bag ~

    And her eyes are lovely and bright, like summer. She looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your weekend is amazing too!

      Delete
    2. Funny thing was I had initially tried selling those shoes as they were too big for any of my MSDs but they fit her perfectly. My minifee shoes are just slightly too small for her but standard MSD size shoes seem to work great for her. I kind of like that she can mix and match SD and MSD clothing and shoes. I also think the Luts MSD shoes fit her as well, at least the boots as they are even slightly big for my Luts boy.

      Those eyes are really weird. Sometimes when I take a photo in certain light, they look really flat and lifeless yet I took those photos at night under my artificial lights and they come up a treat. I plan to get some from Luts, a green and purple and see which colour I like best in her. I feel like the Luts ones in the anime style have a sparkle to them that these don't normally.

      Your lovely scarf is making the rounds in my collection. I love how it looks with Lira.

      Last weekend as a lady of leisure. I have to start getting into the routine now of going to bed early as I have to be up at 6am to get ready for work. But that means my weeks will go a lot faster now that I'm working. Strangely enough I think it will also motivate me a lot more to work on my doll projects because I have less days to do them now if that makes sense!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on picking her name!

    I love how the colour of her eyes works with the her shirt and hair bow - such a perfect style for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it doesn't take me long to name my dolls but this girl was a bit troublesome so it took me a while. It probably didn't help that I hadn't decided on a wig colour for her until now!

      These are the eyes made by Parabox. I'm glad they didn't look flat in these photos. They're not the best type of eyes but they do have their good points now and then. Obitsu have made eyes that have more vibrancy to them but whether Parabox will stock them is another matter.

      Delete
  3. Her eyes are very pretty and she's adorable! I like that you've planned several different looks for her :3 :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to show my dolls in different ages but don't really want to get additional dolls to represent those so I figure the next best thing was to change out their wigs. I think different styles can either make a doll look younger or older. I have something similar with Eve. It's an alternative option I've found.

      Delete