I mentioned in a previous post that I was able to obtain a third display cabinet. I spent most of yesterday assembling and rearranging my doll space which is in what we like to call 'The Playroom". I share it with my husband who has the walls hung with his Star Wars posters and a big massive mahogany wood pool table in the center of the room (hence why some of the full cabinet shots are on an angle).
First up is the full view of the three cabinets together. Usually, the blinds aren't opened but I needed the additional light for this photo. One of the biggest reasons I chose this room to put all my cabinets for the dolls is that it is the coolest, darkest room in the house and doesn't get used very often so the overhead lights aren't usually on. With the blinds closed, this room doesn't get a lot of light at all. What light does manage to come through is muted enough that it doesn't cause too much of an issue. I do have a white fabric drop sheet that goes over the bjd cabinet most of the time unless the cabinet is in use.
We'll start with the corner cabinet. At the very top are my custom MH dolls. This is also where Shiva will go when she's completed. I also have my Made to Move Barbie on this shelf. On the second shelf are my Pop vinyl dolls, my special 1/8 figures and my Cu-poche girls. On the third shelf are my Pureneemo dolls set up as if they are hanging out in someone's bedroom. The fourth shelf houses my figma and nendoroids. The last and bottom shelf has my Final Fantasy figures as well as some of my MH vinyl dolls and lego (you can't see those as they are towards the back of the shelf).
The blue container are my bjd clothes (SD, MSD, Yo-SD). The one above that are the doll wigs and hair accessories. On the screen left, the bottom container are where I store my Fashion Royalty clothes and Pullip clothes as well as their accessories. The one above that has my Pureneemo clothes and accessories as well as the Tiny bjd size clothes. The "book" currently has Azone clothes that I'm not planning to keep in them right now but I am thinking of turning it into some sort of "diorama" for the Pullips.
The middle cabinet that separates the corner cabinet from the glass cabinet has a pull out section that I use to store all the doll shoes. It's pretty handy for this. I'm thinking of adding another shelf space on the screen left there for more shoe storage space.
And that's pretty much it for my doll room tour. I would love to have a dedicated room but sadly there isn't any available, at least not upstairs where it tends to get hotter in summer than it does downstairs where the playroom is. Hopefully I will have a craft room once the renovations are done but we'll see what happens. At the moment, my "craft" space is the big wooden table we have in the dining room. I'd love a space to display dioramas that don't need to be packed away but that won't be happening any time soon at least.
Some random photos from today's doll room tour.













I'm always curious about how other people display their dolls, so I love seeing posts like this!
ReplyDeleteYour cabinets are all wonderful, but I really love that new all-glass one - it makes the dolls seem more like a museum display that you could walk around and view from all sides. :)
I'd love to see your display spaces if you have the time. You have such a great range of collectibles.
DeleteThat all glass cabinet is my favourite too. It's nice to be able to see everyone from every angle.
I love seeing doll cabinets!! It makes me plan in my head how mine would be haha :D
ReplyDeleteI love the new cabinet with all glass, it looks very modern and you cans ee the dolls for every angle so that's cool. My favorite part of it are your integrity dolls, but everything is so nice.
I've been using the same plastic boxes for doll clothes and wigs now. I made some boxes before to store everything, but I needed more space lately so instead of making bigger ones I just bought the plastic ones. Is nice since they are transparent you cans ee what's inside, though I still put a laber sticker on them haha.
Where do you have your dolls displayed at the moment?
DeleteThose Integrity girls really capture the eyes don't they? I think it's because of how colourful they all are!
Trust me, sometimes I think I should label my plastic boxes because I even confused where I put what. I like the ones with the lid as it keeps things clean and dust free. Plus I have cats so it's nice to keep my doll clothing away from any stray cat hairs. I never knew cats could shed hair so much! I've just spent the night brushing and pulling cat hair off my navy blue work pants I'm wearing to work tomorrow. Cat hair does not look professional, lol.
You have such a huge collection, luckily you also have a huge space for display! I love seeing all of your dollies like this!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so colorful and well-organized! :3
I have to say that I am really lucky to have the house I do. The playroom space is perfect for displaying my dolls and it's nice to just have a space for some time-out from the rest of the family sometimes.
DeleteI like to organize things, I'm a little fussy about that. When my computer desk gets even a tiny bit messy like it is now, I can't work probably on it. I have to organise the mess into something neat!
I love seeing how others display their dolls... and where they keep all the extra stuff. :) The new cabinet suits the dolls you put in it. I'm excited that you're thinking about getting another resin sometime. It'll be fun to see who you choose when you do!
ReplyDeleteI thought for a minute you'd changed Nanachan's wig, then I noticed her behind the other girl who's wearing her outfit. I still really like to look at Pullips (and Blythes), but can't seem to make the plunge to buying... yet.
The Azone display looks cute, from what I can see! Was it set up that way last time I was there?
Gu cracks me up the way he's hamming for the camera in the closeup shot. But Eve looks kind of miffed that he's got in the way of the camera. ;) Gu's eyes are really lovely, too. Josef, of course, is as striking as ever.
I have a few resin sculpts in mind. Hopefully I might be able to get one earlier than expected as I've been picking up some extra hours at work this week.
DeleteThe Azone display now has the Ikea stuff I bought when I was in Brisbane in it as well as the table and chair you made. It's a bit squishy in there so I had to shift everyone around a bit to fit them all in!
One day, I hope to have a DIY backdrop I can use for the SD dolls so they can get more camera time!
Great tour Alasse! I think we all get a buzz from seeing other people's doll displays and workrooms. I keep meaning to take more photos of mine, but at present it will have to wait, I am having a hard time just keeping up with reading the blogs. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI really like that all glass display cabinet. I have looked at similar ones in Ikea, and get tempted, but unfortunately I couldn't part with the ones I already have (they were too expensive to ditch).
Hugs,
X
I hope you will be able to post a photo of your doll space when time allows. I really enjoy seeing how other people display their dolls.
DeleteThat glass cabinet certainly draws the eyes. I really like its sleek, modern clean design.