Saturday, 9 July 2016

Girl Power Extreme

One of these days, I will post about some custom projects I am working on. I had forgotten how little time you end up having when you are working five days a week with only a two day weekend!

Some more dolls came to the Wayward Inn in the past two days. I think I am getting way too spoiled with being able to buy dolls off the shelf and play with them straight away. I'm already antsy about Deirdre's body. It's still at least a month and a half before it's ready but I have this sinking feeling it's going to arrive the week I am out of town.

On to the good stuff ...


These are the new girls who now grace the Inn with their big personalities and flashy looks.



Finally, I was able to find Wonder Woman in the DC Super Hero Girls line. I found her at Target. I had to pay full price ($29.99AUD) for her but I had been looking for a while and this was the first time I've seen her in store so it was a small price to pay for having her.

I wanted to see her in person rather than order her on line as I hadn't decided if I liked her look or not and after seeing her, I did. Wonder Woman is one of my favourite super hero girls. I used to watch the show all the time when I was younger.

Her box art is lovely. I love her artwork and that background can actually be used in photos too. I actually wouldn't mind Harley Quinn either but she's another popular one that tends to always be sold out.


Out of the box. I really love the design of this costume and the addition of the gold shoulder armour really gives off that warrior feel to her design. I love her hair. I didn't take a close up but it's black with blue streaks. I used to have the exact hair years back when I was still putting streaks in my hair.

I love that she has a bit of a muscle body too. She can fully pose which is neat. Bends at the elbows and knees although I didn't look at wrist or foot. She does stand on her own. Would anyone be interested in a posing review of this doll?



Next up is the Barbie Game Developer doll. Again background is re-usable. I adore the outfit design of this doll quite a bit and love the accessories she came with. Bonus that she was on a clearance sale at Target for $10.00AUD.


I didn't think I would but I love her face. I love the subtle face screening they did on her and that hair is just awesome. Sadly, her body is similar to the Fashionistas and does not pose at all. I thought she'd be on the Barbie body that at least bent at the elbows and knees but no. Oh well. She still looks pretty neat and appeals to the gamer in me.


I picked up another Fashionista doll. This is the blonde curvy doll. I love how sweet she looks and these curvy dolls are my favourite. Still hoping Barbie come out with curvy MTM bodies in the future.

On a side note, my third cabinet is so full now. I had to rearrange all the cabinets last weekend just to fit everyone in!

And last but not least ...


I call her Purple Poppy. She came as part of the Mood Changers set that I didn't get but a lady in Australia was selling this head (which looks to be in mint condition) and was packed really really well. I bought a Poppy Parker replacement body for her from another lady but that one is coming from overseas so will probably take a few weeks. She will be my second Poppy Parker doll once she's complete and assembled. A lot of collectors didn't like this head and the colour scheme IT went with but I love her. She's so purple.

I've actually never removed the FR heads from their bodies so I was surprised to find out FR heads are hard, not like Barbie heads at all. I see now why people say you need to heat up the head really well to put it on or pull it off the bodies.

I've named her Circe for now as I tweak some storylines.

6 comments:

  1. I really like the hair on Game Developer Barbie - that's a great colour. And her outfit looks like something you'd actually see someone wearing, which isn't always true with the career Barbies, so that's cool to see.

    Love Wonder Woman as well - she's one that I've been planning to get myself (along with a couple of others from that line), but I've been cheap and keep waiting for them to go on sale. But of course instead of price reductions they just keep going out of stock! Ah well, one of these days - and in the meantime I can just admire your photos of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game Developer Barbie's hair was what decided me on her and that face screening. I like that it has the less is more feel to it. Wish Barbie fashion was more like this although some of the Fashionista line has this type of clothing now but it depends on what you get.

      Which others did you have your eye on in that DC line? The only one I wasn't too fussed on was Supergirl but ... never say never. I actually liked the original Supergirl movie. Not sure that I like the TV show though. I'm guessing there's probably going to be a second wave of these at some point so I'm curious who else they will release. If it's Catwoman (wait, is she DC?), then I will most definitely get that one. I still haven't found a Catwoman that I like yet in doll form.

      Can't wait until you get Wonder Woman. Love to hear what you think of her in person. That's the problem with sales here too on these. There was a sale recently on these and they all sold out. These dolls seem to be fairly popular. Fingers crossed for a sale for you soon without the dolls going out of stock!

      Delete
  2. Lilac hair AND pink make up? Forget everything I've ever said about any other of your IT girls being my favorite. This is the best head ever!! can't believe people don't like it ;_;!!! But I'm glad you do and you got her :D!! Hope We get to see photos of her complete? :D

    The wonder woman doll is very nice too! I like the clothes, especially the leggings, I think they make a very nice variation from the more classic costume. I like the blue streaks too, and I didn't know you used to have them too. When I was in the university I dyed a streak of my hair pink and every time I retouched it the streak got bigger and bigger until half my head was pink XD I wish I could dye my hair lilac now but it's too much work/money and the hair gets really crappy after a while.

    I'm loving the curvy babrie the most out of the new sizes, maybe because I'm short and wide lol. And the game designer barbie is so neat!!!

    Love all the new members of your crew :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That combo is just stunning right? I love it too. This head comes up a lot for sale and I think I've only seen a few owner photos of this one. The other heads in that pack was a redhead and a dark haired head I think from memory. And there will definitely be photos when her body arrives.

      Wonder Woman is a lot more awesome in person than I expected. I really like her and I do love the different interpretation to her costume.

      Pink hair would have been great to see! But I agree, dying your hair looks fantastic until it starts to wash out and turns a weird colour. Strangely enough, the blue streaks started going a bit green in colour as the dye started to come out. Which isn't too bad I guess. I've had orange streaks in my hair before too and that goes a bit blonde as it comes out which was not too bad either. I've also had purple once but it didn't show up too well. My hair is black so dyes tend to come out a lot more muted in my hair unless it's neon coloured. I seriously debated doing one strand of pure white like Rogue's hair a few years ago. I didn't end up doing it though!

      Curvy Barbie is so great. I really love her body shape. I kind of wish there was a BJD now in a similar size. There probably is and I just haven't looked for it.

      I really gotta stop buying more dolls though. My cabinets are full to the max again. At least my BJD cabinet still has enough space to squeeze in another MSD and YO-SD sized doll, hehe.

      Delete
  3. So many new dollies! The Dc super heroes all look interesting!
    Congrats on your new poppy parker, I really like her pink and purple pastel color combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DC hero girls are really lovely, solid feeling too which is nice. I do hope they end up making more and there's a second wave with different characters.

      Pink and purple make such a great combination. I'm really in love with it and am glad I was able to snag her.

      Delete