Tuesday, 13 June 2017

Special Edition Wonder Woman Doll by Mattel

When I saw this special edition Wonder Woman doll at the local Toys'r'Us store, of course I had to get her. She's the 2017 release which is somewhat different from the Batman vs Superman release. (Her shield for starters is completely different and she's a lot more muscular than the first version).


She's the movie version I believe which I will be seeing this weekend. Obviously am super excited for it. Wonder Woman was my childhood hero.

She comes with a stand that goes around her thigh. Although in my photos, she is posing all on her own without the use of her stand.





Yep, she's really doing that on her own with only one feet fully on the ground and the other, only the toe is touching the ground.

I am so happy with this doll. She has the same face sculpt as my Diana doll. This is just her super powered up. My only quibble and it's a really small one is that they didn't include the upper arm joint like in most Made to Move bodies. The first version release had it but they decided to get rid of it for this version, maybe to make the arms look smoother without it or maybe it had to do with the muscle sculpture. I don't know. I want to get my hands on the first release so I can compare them.

I also want to get the special edition of Diana's mother, Queen Hippolyta.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She is an amazing doll. I really love how they did her.

      Delete
  2. Hi Alasse,
    She is a lovely doll, very well kitted out. You're getting quite a collection og this size doll now. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality is really nice on this one but you would expect that from a Black Label doll. I sorted out one of my glass cabinets recently and I have a "Superhero" shelf now. I managed to get my hands on the 2016 Batman vs Superman Black Label release Wonder Woman so I can't wait to compare her to this year's version.

      Delete
    2. That's good to hear, but I bet you end up with more than ONE SuperHero shelf. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Hello and congratulations! She really looks stunning! And love the mother, Queen Hippolyta - hope that you can get her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, Queen Hippolyta doesn't appear to have been released here where I live. I try not to get these from overseas if I can help it because the shipping is always so pricey. Still hoping they get a release here too.

      Delete
  4. I think I saw on IG you loved the movie, so I'm glad you have the barbies of the collection, it would be neat to get the queen too!!! I love Diana in the blue dress, but I prefer this doll overall. Congrats on getting them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get the Queen but it seems I would have to get her from Mattel and I sent them a question about whether they ship international (Barbie Collector doesn't) but they haven't bothered replying so I'm hesitant in ordering from them now.

      Delete
  5. She looks cool! I do like the new more action-y looking dollies they're releasing, even if they're based on movies xD; I think Barbie designs in the future could be way more varied!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've already started. I saw there are now different body size and shapes for Ken as well as the normal Barbie lines. It's good to see Mattel going down this route for their dolls finally.

      Delete