Sunday, 18 February 2018

Fashion Doll Edition


Time is still getting away from me for the most part although finally, today, I did get to work on my new doll house. Hubby bought me a massive Barbie doll house for Christmas but as I wasn't super keen on the cartoon style wallpapers and drawings, I decided to refurbish it so I'm slowly covering it with new scrapbook paper and bringing it more in line with my modern styling.

I can however share some random photos I took whenever I got a chance over the past few weeks...




First cab off the rank, my British Invasion Poppy Parker arrived back in January but I just never posted her box opening.


And finally, a line up of all the Poppy Parker dolls I own to date (not including my 16 inch Poppy who isn't pictured here).

From left to right: Mood Changers Poppy, Popster Poppy, British Invasion Poppy, IT Airways Poppy, Misty Hollows Poppy, Dark Moon Poppy.


Diorama set up I used for some Pureneemo photoshoots.


These are my three 1/6 Obitsu girls. They are Gretel27, Chara and Kay sculpts. They are all on the new (ish) 24cm revamped body. The body was released last year I think, I've had these girls for a while. One of them has a wig but I haven't got around to getting wigs for the other two yet. So excuse their baldness. Wigs in their size are really hard to find.


One of my Momoko girls using the elevator on the new doll house. If you can see the bit of background behind her, that is the cartoon-esque wallpaper that came with the house. The object drawings are on the wallpaper itself so it doesn't really give that 3D illusion which is a shame.

Last but not least, I decided to join up with W Club again this year in the hope that they release more male dolls that I can add to my collection plus there are a few NU face models I didn't get a chance to get yet. I did manage to get my hands on a discounted male doll from the Integrity shop recently which is en route to me.

Speaking of dolls ...

 Photo by Integrity

This is one of the upgrade dolls for the 2018 W Club year. And the one I chose to purchase. I won't get her until the later end of the year as usual. Maybe September/October. I hadn't planned on getting any of the upgrade dolls but the more I looked at this girl, the more I loved her colouring, styling and outfit (which I think has a sci-fi vibe to it). I hope this means we will be getting a lot more unusual fashion this year! Fingers crossed!

I think this will definitely be my last year with W Club - I am running out of available cabinet space so I will be particularly fussy with what dolls come home from Integrity this year. And these type of dolls are the ones that come home and never leave because in person, these dolls are just amazing work.

I have added the FR Database on the top tab menu. This elegant lady will be my Calithea, one of the Seven (Immortals). I haven't decided on the last two immortals yet. It depends on the Integrity releases this year as I can always cut back the Seven to Five Immortals if I don't find any dolls that suit what I want. Ah the joys of organic story writing.

That's it for now. Have a super fantastic week!

10 comments:

  1. I hope you find the missing dolls because seven sounds better than five, at least in English. :)
    You have a really great collection of Poppys. British Poppy looks particularly stylish. And she's got a fantastic egg chair! I love that shape, I wish I could have such chair for my bjd. And every time I see a diorama I say I should make one for my Barbies but usually there is something else I need to take care of. Brick pattern on walls is a really good idea, I like industrial interiors. And that He-Man blouse brings back memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the number Seven too. When I first started collecting bjds, I actually had planned on only owning Seven dolls but that didn't quite work out so much.

      I am in love with the Poppy sculpt but I think I've got enough Poppy dolls now so I'm looking forward to concentrating on the Nu Face girls when they come out. I find the Nu Face girls a lot more mature in look and style.

      Poppy's egg chair was an additional option when I ordered her. It was only a little bit more extra to buy her and the chair combined so I figured why not. I love that style of chair.

      I just use cardboard for my dioramas. They fold away flat and store really easily which I love. The ones I use are tri-fold cardboard. A bit of scrapbook paper, props and you have yourself a neat little diorama. I just wish it was as easy to make them for bjds!

      Loved She-ra growing up. Brings back nostalgia.

      Delete
  2. British Poppy in this chairs is just pure epicness - what a great picture <3
    Also I love the idea to style the Barbie house in a more modern and realistic way. The cartoony walls are cute, but your set up fit better for these amazing Ladies... Fashion dolls are always great to look at - so sassy young women ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That chair is just pure elegance all on its own. I am so glad I got it. I need to try some of the Nu Face girls in it to see how it suits them.

      I find the cartoon walls cute too but not really my cup of tea with styling. I am making at least one of the floors a more industrial design. Modern - Industrial I guess you can call it. They'll house my Barbies when they are done and the Momoko dolls. My FR girls tend to be a bit too tall for the doll house. Which is why they have the stand alone dioramas for their photoshoots. Maybe I will make a big box out of plywood for them one day.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alasse,
    Talking about going back in time . . . that chair takes me right back to my teens!! I love it!!
    Doing over the doll house sound like a great idea, I'm with you about the "cartoon printed wall paper" it really doesn't do a thing for me either. It's one of the reasons I decided to make my 3D backdrop as it gives more dimension to photos. I shall look forward to seeing the house with it's modern industrial look.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could own a chair like that for myself! It's such a great piece of furniture.

      I've run into a few minor difficulties with the dollhouse but nothing that can't be fixed so it's all good. Still going to take a while as I decided to have a lazy weekend this time around and didn't do much doll stuff.

      Delete
  4. Hello! How many time haven't I been sitting in a similar chair as the one British Poppy is sitting in! Did not have one of my own, but a couple of friends did. That time was a bit amazing. And it is coming back too. Retro and vintage, so lovely.
    I did not know that there was a doll house for Barbie's! That was news for me!
    Enjoyed the photos, great ones as usual!
    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retro and vintage are one of my favourite themes. There's just something timeless about them. There are a lot of different types of dollhouses for Barbie. Some are plastic, some are made from wood. Mine is the wood version. It would look much better without the current "wallpapers" which is why I'm turning it more modern industrial.

      Delete
  5. Congrats!! That's the one I wanted to get too. Unfortunately something came up and I couldn't join the Wclub this year. I'll enjoy yours when she arrives, she's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year will be my last with the club. I know I said that last year but finances will have to be tightened a lot after this year. So I'm going to try the make the most of it while I can.

      I'm excited for this doll to come home when she gets released. It'll still be a long wait but she's so stunning. This doll prototype excites me so I'm looking forward to seeing what Integrity has in store for its members for 2018.

      Delete