Monday, 3 December 2018

The 2018 BJD Crew

Welcome to December everyone! I hope the beginning of the festive month has been kind to you all. I still can't believe Christmas is only three weeks away. For the first time in a long time, I am not organised.

To mark the drawing closer of the end of the year, I decided to update the BJD crew as of this point in time. Technically, there are twenty full dolls and a floating head that shares a body.


...AND I've officially run out of space in the doll cabinet so unless I can figure out a way to shift the smaller bjds over to the vinyl cabinet (although I kind of prefer all my bjds in the one cabinet), I'm not sure I will be able to fit any more dolls into this crew. I may consider selling the Tiny girls in the New Year (the Pukifee and AquariusDoll girls). Everyone else I'm pretty okay with to stay. I will most likely not add anymore bjds to this collection. I won't say never but as of right now, there's really nothing that turns my head enough.

In the New Year, I am also going to work on splitting my crew into two solid groups, one set purely in the world of fantasy and the other in the world of urban-fantasy and neither of the groups or stories will ever cross over. This is primarily because those are my two favourite genres and I've discovered in the past that when I try to make my entire crew from a single world/genre, I become restless and uninspired.

My plans for the New Year, let's try and stop buying more dolls. Seriously. I will also have to look into what I want to do (to cull or not to cull) with the other doll lines. Can anyone recommend second hand marketplaces for doll sales?

That's all for today. Have a fantastic week!

15 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see your bjd crew!! That's quite a lot of gorgeous dollies! Aaaand space, so I get it. I was planning on no more BJDs too, but if I manage to sell my Sassy Rosy and bleater I might get just one more. But that will have to wait for a while, my priorities are on the smaller dolls atm.
    I've had some success selling stuff in local doll groups on facebook, so you could try that. Of course theres always Doa (and there's also a fb group for international bjd sales called BJD adoption).
    I look forward to seeing how both stories will look and which dolls will be going where. I'd love to see more of your Bluefairy May too, she looks so cute in pink! I'm hoping to show mine before the year ends, but she's not with me atm hehehe.
    Happy december!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck with your Sassy Rose and Bleater sales!

      Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been finding that DOA MP is running so slow lately and I know at least my Pukifee doesn't have a COA as I purchased her from Fairyland before they sent out COAs but a lot of the people I've noticed buying on the MP or at least the newer people seem to think Fairyland have always had COAs which has never been the case. So it is harder to sell on DOA now unless your doll comes with a COA. It would be nice if Fairyland could issue one to people who ask and purchased their dolls pre-COA era. They would have the order history on their account as verification.

      I go through phases where I take lots of photos of dolls and then I kind of drop off and not take any for a while. It's mostly determined by how busy life gets I suppose and I haven't had much time to even stop and smell the roses lately.

      Delete
  2. The number of dolls is really impressive. So your cabinet must huge. :) Urban fantasy sounds interesting. Something like Shadowrun perhaps? Yes, FB seems the right place to sell dolls. There is also a group on Flickr dedicated to BJD adoption. I don't make any New Year resolutions or plans but I hope I'll be able to buy one really cute MSD boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish my cabinet was huge! I think it would be okay if the dolls on the bottom shelf could stand, there would be more space there but right now they are all sitting which takes up more space. I don't have doll stands yet for my bjds.

      You know you are introducing me to a lot of new things right? I had to google Shadowrun to see what it's about. Hubby just said he has played that game when I asked him if he knew about it. Shadowrun sounds like it has a bit more science mixed with magic in it. My story would be more fantasy rather than science set in an urban setting (the modern world). So of a similar feel in terms of cross-genre.

      Thanks for the suggestions on the flickr group. I hope you will be able to get your MSD boy in the new year!

      Delete
  3. I can only say... AMAZING! :)
    Your collection is wonderful. I love the dolls themselves and your stilizations. They look just perfect.
    I'm sure you will figure out the problem of lacking space. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted to sell off a few more dolls but then I go and look at them and decide that was a silly notion! Maybe if I can move a few here and there and get some wiggle room in there for more dolls! Where there's a will, there's a way right?

      Delete
  4. Hi Alasse, I can see now, by the compilation, you have it all sorted out and have set a course for your dolls to follow. I am still in limbo, but not to worry. I am really pleased you have sorted yours out and have come to a decision you are happy with.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was just trying too hard to fit them into a singular storyline and it just doesn't work for me as I love to have several different stories on the go at the one time. It keeps me on my toes, inspired and motivated.

      Delete
  5. You have a lovely collection there, but I can understand how they seem to take over and spread themselves out! When I sell any BJDs I usually put them on Den of Angels first and am quite successful selling there. Alternatively there are quite a few groups on Facebook for selling dolls. Also on Flickr and Instagram there are groups for selling....so hopefully you'll be successful.
    Have a lovely Christmas :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestions on places to sell. I just have to get into gear and take photos which is half the battle! I think dolls in general are like chips, you go in and say you only want one or two but then you like the taste and start having more and more!

      Delete
  6. Awww, your collection is really amazing! Each of them is different, but all look great. I'm really looking forward to seing your urban fantasy project! And the "normal" fantasy too - I love both genres ;).
    As for the New Year... I have no plans for new BJD (lack of space ;)) or Barbie, but I have some nendoroids already preordered, aaaaand I'm thinking about some Cu-Poche figurines... at least they are small :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I am finally getting characters looking how they are meant to, I can actually start concentrating on the story which will be a nice change. I like to mix it up with different stories. Those two are my favourite genres too.

      Ooooh Cu-poche! I have a few of them. Which ones are you thinking of getting? Plus they take so very little space. I need to do more figure photography. I miss it. Everytime I see yours, I keep thinking I need to do more.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking about two Fate/Stay figurines - Saber Arturia and Nero. I missed the nendoroids of those two, so at least I will get them the other way. And I can't wait to see your figure photos :)!

      Delete
  7. It is so nice to see them in one place together. Mabye I should do that, also? Your dolls are so amazing.
    I think FB or IG are good place to start if you want to re-home some of your dolls.
    I made a wish-list at the beginning of this year, and then... I bought a lot of dolls which weren't on the list... ups :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love to see all your dolls together. You should do one too. Thanks for the FB and IG suggestions. I will take a look into it. As for wishlists, yes, I do the same. I buy dolls that I didn't mean to! I have done that three times so far this year!

      Delete