Thursday, 20 February 2020

Only This Life

Today, I figured since I still had the forest set up from yesterday's photoshoot, I might as well make use of it. This post features several different dolls going on their own little adventures.

Currently Listening to: BTS ~ Magic Shop






Merida in her default outfit carrying a bow and arrow set from Katniss Barbie. She fits the forest setting perfectly in my opinion. My favourite thing about her is that fiery, wild untamed red hair.


Syn pops out for some quiet meditation time in the forest where it's just her, the animals and the sounds of nature.



 A stroll in the forest means a time to reflect and ponder the mysteries of the universe.


And who knows what friends you might make when wandering alone in the forest.


Or who else you might bump into. Like Mr. Worldwide Handsome himself who appears to be offering his hand.


Trying this wig on Kaden again since he lost his other one. I actually don't mind the style on him. It's in line with the 'classic' vibe I'm going for with this character.


Trying yet another pair of eyes on Caeda. I don't actually mind them on her. I think I like them better than the blue but now I'm having second thoughts on her wig. She is a really hard doll to style. I can't put my finger on why though.

Another great day with the dolls. I am really loving having time to do this for a change. I'm sure it won't last long though.

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been making the most of some time off work Alasse. :) I like the wig on Kaden, it's a great colour for him. I can relate to your feelings about Caeda, I hate it when you can't quite find the right eyes and wig for a doll, it's very frustrating. Then suddenly when you least expect it, it will all come together. I hope it does for you.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the colour softens Kaden's face even more which is nice. Caeda is frustrating. I think it's because her whole head is shaped different from the other heads I have and when I stand her next to my other two YOSD dolls, she's actually quite smaller than them in height and body bulk. I was really surprised at that. I hope it just all comes together eventually.

      Delete
  2. The photos are lovely and it's great to take ones of different dolls when you have the scene already set up.
    I think Merida is definitely suited to this environment and I really like Syn, she has a lovely face and great hair.
    I completely understand how frustrating it is when you cannot get the right look for a particular doll. I have a girl here who is causing the very same problem for me....I don't know what to do, whether to keep her or sell her. :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to take photos of Merida in an actual forest setting but there isn't really any here locally unless I jump in the car and drive about 5-6 hrs north!! I could get away with an area in my front yard I suppose but it would have to stop raining for that to happen!!

      I'll keep trying with Caeda. I'm sure I will find the right look for her at some point.

      Delete
  3. Dolly days are the best :)! And the forest set is very versatile one - it almost looks differently for different characters and their needs. Kaden is just as handsome as always in new wig and I really like Caeda's new eyes - they make her look a bit... wilder, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used this same set to photograph Ariel from little mermaid figure and it actually looked like she was under the sea! I love this set. Plus the greenery always comes out nicely in photos. Hubby liked those eyes in Caeda too. He said the same thing as you. I just need to figure out a wig to match although this one isn't bad. It is a bit big on her head though.

      Delete
  4. Merida is so in her right element, just waiting for her horse Angus and a wild ride through the forest. Great photos of your dolls!
    The wig on Kaden looks great and the eyes on Caeda really pop! I have some trouble with Esther and her style, even if she is my first BJD. It was so clear in the beginning, but not today. Still wondering.
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that is the same with Caeda. It was clear at the start but now it's not so much. It is frustrating isn't it?

      I love forest settings. I just wish I had access to them here locally but I don't so I have to pretend!

      Delete
  5. Indeed, Merida truly belongs to the forest. And other dolls are probably taking advantage of shinrin-yoku. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merida was the doll in mind for this set up but as usual I wanted to stick other dolls there too! Maybe they all needed a bit of zen in their lives!

      Delete
  6. I love all the photos. You are right - Merida looks like she's home. :)
    And I think Kaden looks great. This wig suits him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She fits the natural theme so well or maybe that's because I am a little influenced by the Disney movie.

      I do like the classic feel of this particular wig.

      Delete